Hooking KPA to PA

• Am a n a newbie here and need some help. How is the best way to hook the KPA to my Bose L1? I know how to hook to Bose L1, but am confused on which out to use from KPA. Should I use the monitor out, the left out, the right out, to the pa system? Then do I shut off the cab on the KPA or use the different cabinets in the KPA?

Should I use the 1/4 inch connectors coming out of KPA?

Any help anyone can give will be appreciated.

I do not play professionally, just a very old bedroom player. Not interested in profiling right now, still trying to learn the KPA. :?:

Love it so far through the headphones, but really want to hear it through my Bose L1.

Thanks,

camchada :thumbup:

• Hi Camchada

Im not to familiar with the Bose L1, but I connect mine to our PA from the monitor out as the Main Outs feed in to my in ear monitors which has the space effect on. If you are wanting stereo to the Bose L1 use the main outs but if its just a mono input use the monitor out. Leave the cab on as the L! will be used a bit like a FRFR cab so it needs the KPA to tell it to act like a cab

Hope this has helped :)

• If you run it out of the KPA monitor you can set up the volume knob on the KPA to adjust your volume for the Bose L1 after you've set it how you like. The top volume knob can adjust levels so you can control everything from your Kemper. Try the different connections and see what you like. If you prefer coming out of the mains via XLR, but not stereo you can go into the Kemper and set it as master mono which is a summed signal output. If I run a stage monitor I have it coming out of the monitor output with volume control and run my main out into the FOH board. I also use the monitor out into my powered EV speakers at home so I can adjust the volume from my Kemper as I mentioned above. Have fun.

"More Guitar in the Monitors" :thumbup:

• I use a Bose L1 for most gigs (I use a Yamaha DXR10 on smaller stages). You can leave the Kemper Cabinets turned on - the Bose is a Full Range system, and will accurately reproduce the sounds the Rigs.

Since the Bose is a mono system, the Monitor output is the simplest approach. But, you can use the Main Left or Right, or Monitor output of the Kemper into an L1 channel. If you use the Main L or R, setting the Kemper Output to MONO will prevent unexpected effects issues. You can use either a 1/4" or XLR cable - pick whichever cable you have. They will both sound fine:)

• Thanks for the replies, they all are helpful. I will do as advised. I have 2 Bose L1's, going to try running them as stereo coming out of KPA left and right to each L1 to see how it does. Will let you know how it turns out.

Thanks again.

camchada :thumbup: