Kemper amp in Brazil

• Hello, I looking into using my Kemper amp in Brazil for possibly an extended amount of time, several months to a year perhaps. Having just been there, I know you can use a cheap adaptor to use American devices, like I did with my iPhone. However, I've heard it's not good to do this a lot. So my question is: will the European plug that came with the Kemper work in Brazil? Brazil has 220v outlets and the plug that came with the Kemper looks like its the same size as I remember, though the plugs look a little fatter than I remember. Anyone here have any knowledge about this? I'd like to take the Kemper with me if I'm going for an extended stay, but if I can't safely power it, I'm gonna take a few battery powered stomps and possibly a tech 21 character pedal that also runs on batteries. I've seen that there are supposedly EU/Brazil adaptor out there. Would the Kemper fire up safely and reliably using one of these?

• Shouldn't be a problem at all. You get adapters easily (from american to european and vice versa) because nobody in Brazil uses the official brazilian plugs. Only problem that can occur is that the german Schuko plugs won't fit directly. But you can always use a cheap adapter in between.

One thing to keep in mind though:
    Electricity is still some kind of voodoo, even in Brazil. So don't expect any ground connections to actually be connected to ground. This and the widespread use of pretty unshielded electric equipment can lead to some amazing RF and/or 60Hz noise in some places.

Cheers,
    Martin

• Nice to hear another Brazilian Kemper user.
    I bought mine about 1 year ago on the US.
    Prices here a just stupid (5K dollars for a KPA), so I bought outside.
    But my KPA needed to be repaired, the LCD just malfunctioned.
    I had 2 options... Send to US (sweetwater) to repair for free, or send to quantamusic (Brasil) to repair payed.
    I went for the second option, since export and import taxes are too high here (60%).
    The Kemper-amp guys were so nice they sent the new pieces for free to quanta. Although, just for import taxes I'll have to pay about 200 dollars.
    And I'm without my KPA since may! =(

• I wouldn't worry about it, most outlets in Brazil are 110V (the Kemper takes anything from 90V-240V anyway) and you can find adapters for the american 3 pin power plug quite easily. Like someone mentioned in a previous post, you're probably not going to find grounded 3rd pins very often, but I've been using mine without a ground connection for months without any problems so far.

• Thanks for the info. Good to know. I've learned from my visit, though to take my Kemper as a carry on, as people from my party had bags lost going and coming from Brazil. Both times it appeared to be American Airlines fault.

• I went for the second option, since export and import taxes are too high here (60%).
    The Kemper-amp guys were so nice they sent the new pieces for free to quanta. Although, just for import taxes I'll have to pay about 200 dollars.

Holy cow....that should keep those who complain on our import taxes silent 8|