Posts by dfdfan

A lof of us already have remote - would be great to have ability to reuse it in some settings.

Thats where I'm curious. The whole reason I got the player was to reduce my load and leave the toaster and remote at home. If the screen and buttons were things that I could not do without, I would have gotten the stage instead. Still lighten the load but not as much while keeping all the flash. But I understand wanting to save the $600 over a stage when the remote already has that. I think what I would have done in that position would be instead of getting a player, I would have sold the remote and gotten the stage, using that live and at home to control the toaster via midi when needed. IDK. It just seems like taking something designed for ease and making it more complicated.

Being that the player was designed with simple setups and pedalboards in mind, I seriously doubt the lack of remote connection was an insidious plan. Using the remote to control a player simply makes no sense from a live setup perspective. Unless you're planning on racking the player with a bunch of other stuff, at which point the player is not the right tool to begin with. The whole point of the player is to get your rigs in a compact space on stage. The remote takes up three times as much space. What would be the purpose? Seriously asking.

Not saying used gear is a bad choice for purchase. But comparing cost of new vs cost of something else used makes no sense. I can get a used X for the price of a new Y doesnt mean the Y is overpriced or not worth the cost.

I really don't get the comparisons to buying used gear. Eventually you will see fully loaded players on reverb going for 4-500 bucks max. You can't compare the cost of a new product vs the cost of a used one. It makes no sense to the market.

Take a Stage, subtract the price of a remote as an approx equivalent of the value of the screen, switches, and extra ports, and another £100 for the value of profiling, and you end up at a Player +£100 roughly. And that feels like a fair price point for a fully loaded Player less those features.

I don’t have a Player. I no longer have a Toaster or Stage, though I owned both at some point. I am considering a Kemper again in addition to my FM3. This pricing is steering me to a used Toaster rather than a new Player.

Help me with your math here. One Stage at $1600 minus one Remote at $500 minus No Ability to profile at $100 which comes out to about $1000 which is the cost of a fully loaded player. So where is the problem?

It would be more honest. This has always been the company's difference, but it seems that things have changed for the worse. See the comments on YT, IG and other forums. A massive part was repulsed by this decision. Only sponsored people will act like a company's toady.

I find that I enjoy life much more when I pay attention to to own ears and fingers more than the feelings of random people on YT, IG and all the other boob tubes of the day. In the end its either of value to you or not. Spend your time, energy and money on what is. Now that's some meaning of life shit right there.

Open a support ticket with Kemper. You shouldn't have to try to figure stuff like that out straight out of the box. IOS app updated today and seems to be working fine BUT my system was already setup via laptop awhile back so there may be difference in the OS that your player shipped with vs what they just released today. Let them do that work for you.

Funny thing is, I think that if they initially launched the player with all the level2 and level3 stuff built-in, and priced it at $1000, everyone would have bought it without complaints because that price point fits in when compared to all the other stuff out there. But this way there are lower tiers available for those not already used to the full kemper suite and dont need all that.

So what does happen when you want to sell and quit Kemper ? You've got a licence for level 2&3 with no Player and a potential buyer that has a restart level 1 unit, he has to pay for LVL 2&3....

Yeah. For me it wasnt about resale but more about damage control but I guess you could transfer the license to the new buyer? For instance with the UA stuff like the Apollo, any plugins you buy stay with you if you sell the unit, but you have the option to either transfer them to your new replacement device, or transfer them to the buyer of your old device. (At least I THINK that's the case there. I sold the device but transfered the plugins to the new one)

I will say that the one place where Line6 got it right and Kemper and Eventide got it wrong is that the upgrade should be tied to the user and not the machine. I spent a fortune maxing out my H9s and when one got damaged, I was out of luck. At least with L6 I could transfer model packs to a new device if it got blown up.

Afterthought: Then again, mods usually stay with the amp and not the owner when he sells it so....I dunno..:/

I'm thinking the reason Loop shows up in the blocks is in case you create a profile on a toaster and transfer it over so that the profile remains the same? Dont really use fx loops so it'll never bother me. but it is curious.