DSP runtime error - performance mode

• Howdy folks, just found some curious behavior with public beta 2.0, was wondering if anyone had the same problem.

The problem goes as such:

In performance mode, if I move the expression pedal connected to my ground control pro, the audio on the Kemper starts to chorus, then it will no longer respond to midi changes, then eventually the audio will go choppy then an error will appear: DSP RX runtime error.

Weird, everything else is working fine. Am I missing something like just a hard reset or something?

• Ive been fighting this for the last 3 afternoons, but im happy to say it is now fixed. However, I DO NOT recommend anyone try my solution - it was a little brutal and is very easy to irreparably break something. I never contacted kemper for assistance and am sure they dont want people tearing their kpa's apart on a whim!

I dismantled the entire kemper and cleared all the memory with the pcb mounted push button (thats just a guess at what it does - I really dont know). Reassembled everything, erased and initalized the firmware from the maintenance menu, booted the newest firmware from usb stick and restored rigs from a backup i'd made. Ive since rebooted the kemper dozens of times and all is well. I tried a ton of other things over the last few days but this is what revived the kpa for me. It may have been as simple as the reseating of all the boards. . Either way.. its back in action and im happy. :P.

• Ive been fighting this for the last 3 afternoons, but im happy to say it is now fixed. However, I DO NOT recommend anyone try my solution - it was a little brutal and is very easy to irreparably break something. I never contacted kemper for assistance and am sure they dont want people tearing their kpa's apart on a whim!

I dismantled the entire kemper and cleared all the memory with the pcb mounted push button (thats just a guess at what it does - I really dont know). Reassembled everything, erased and initalized the firmware from the maintenance menu, booted the newest firmware from usb stick and restored rigs from a backup i'd made. Ive since rebooted the kemper dozens of times and all is well. I tried a ton of other things over the last few days but this is what revived the kpa for me. It may have been as simple as the reseating of all the boards. . Either way.. its back in action and im happy. :P.

Whoa, what a brave but nonetheless scary solution!
    Don't you think opening a support ticket would have been better for troubleshooting?

• I have no doubt contacting support would have been the smart thing to do. :) Im am however quite familiar with hardware troubleshooting (part of my day job) so I wasnt too concerned with tearing it down. I had exhausted all the software solutions and felt having a look inside couldnt hurt.

One thing I did notice in the days leading up to the failure was the "system" button when pressed would flash very erratically. It was not the even twice a second pulse that it usually is. Also, in the expression pedal setup menu, the kemper was erratically sensing pedal values when an expression pedal has never been plugged in (i took a quick video of this behaviour while troubeshooting).

I guess all im trying to say is - im a nerd who foolishly enjoys trying to figure this stuff out alone (and hopefully learn some things along the way) :P