Sysex with Behringer FCB1010 Uno - Questions

• Hi Folks,

while being quiet happy with my ART Ultrafoot X-15 I read so much about the possibilities with the Uno-equipped FCB1010 that I decided to get one.
    Now I have it and have got the FCB/Uno Control Center for easy programming, too but I have the following problem:

MIDI - connection goes over my old Rig Kontrol 2 (Native Instruments). The Control Center recognises the FCB Uno ( v 1.0.2.f ). But in both cases "send patchdump" and "receive patchdump" I get an error message "invalid file size 2297 byte..." or so.
    In the manual is mentioned that some USB-MIDI-converters can't handle the file size of the fcb-Sysex file. In Version 1.0.3 this problem could be solved because of the possibility to send the sysex in smaller packages.
    Should I order a new UNO - chip with v1.0.3. or can someone tell me if another MIDI - converter (it should be a favorable unit ...) would be able to handle the normal file size ?

:S

By the way - I think that the X-15 even has some advantages against the FCB, but unfortunatly the pedals can't be programmed to another CC (or is there anyone who knows how to do this ?)

Frank

?(

Edited once, last by francodimo (May 10, 2013 at 2:07 PM).

• With that level of integration with the FCB1010, I'm curious if Kemper will actually make a dedicated controller at this point.

Well, I believe yes. Power and 2 way com through Lan cable, 4 external exp. pedals, same display as the KPA, loop, pro level switches and chassis, external switches.....
    I'm not buying an FCB even with the new EPROM, waiting for the real deal... :D
    TBH I can do all what I need also with my actual FC, no reason to change 'till the new toy is out... :P

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff