Connecting The KPA To A Computer, What Functions Are Available?

• Reading different post on this, and other sites, I'm a bit confused on what functions you can do through a PC. It looks like you can edit, organize and save rigs/presets, but I found the wiKPA doc's hard to follow on this. I've seen other devices that have great functionality with a computer interface. The Eleven Rack looks great and even the Fender Fuse looks like a nice user friendly interface. Is there something similar for the KPA?

• In the moment you have no direct connection between PC and Kemper, file transfer is done with a USB key. You have a third party Tag-editor and a computer editor has been announced by Kemper but is not here yet. The upside is that the GUI of the Kemper is soo good that you'll probably won't miss it too much

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Reading different post on this, and other sites, I'm a bit confused on what functions you can do through a PC. It looks like you can edit, organize and save rigs/presets, but I found the wiKPA doc's hard to follow on this. I've seen other devices that have great functionality with a computer interface. The Eleven Rack looks great and even the Fender Fuse looks like a nice user friendly interface. Is there something similar for the KPA?

If you connect the kpa ethernet and enable dhcp you will get an webpage.
    So he kemper has an webserver. Maybe there will be a future editor, remote control or what ever.

• If you connect the kpa ethernet and enable dhcp you will get an webpage.
    So he kemper has an webserver. Maybe there will be a future editor, remote control or what ever.

The Kemper is a computer. It has a MAC and IP Address. Probably running some form of linux. I imagine with the correct driver loaded into the firmware, you could probably connect a monitor and keyboard to the USB port and surf the internet.

• Reading different post on this, and other sites, I'm a bit confused on what functions you can do through a PC. It looks like you can edit, organize and save rigs/presets, but I found the wiKPA doc's hard to follow on this.

Hey dougjackson,

this is the kind of feedback I usually am after and ask readers for.
    What are your difficulties with the wiKPA, and how you'd like it to be?

:)

• Hey dougjackson,

this is the kind of feedback I usually am after and ask readers for.
    What are your difficulties with the wiKPA, and how you'd like it to be?

:)

My difficulties with following the wiKPA is more my problem than the wiKPA. I was referring to "Managing Modified Rigs" on page 67. I was under the impression it was done on a PC, not the KPA. I have a hard time following it because I'm not technically oriented. It's just hard for me to follow. I don't follow the technical terms and get lost very easy. I'm an old player that's use to real amps. The Digital stuff is like learning a new language. I think I need to look at the KPA as a computer. I may not understand how it works or understand the terminology, but I can learn how to use the different functions. I hope you guys are patient with my goofy questions. What is very obvious to you, can be a total nightmare to me. One thing for sure, i'm loving what I'm hearing from the KPA and I know I haven't even scratched the surface.

• Mhhh... since the chapter you're referring is now on page 75, I'd advice you to download the latest version of the wiKPA :)

The above-mentioned chapter just refers to a hint from a user, related to putting any sign (he uses a "-") in front of a profile's name just to remember it has been modified. And yes, it's referred to using the KPA, not a PC.

As for your "goofy questions", I personally see nothing wrong in ignorance, as long as it's in good faith and not used as an alibi. I'd suggest you to download and read both the manuals from the Kemper site, and the wiKPA as well, from page 1. Even tho you could miss something, at the end of your reading you will have a different perspective, and a different attitude. And will enjoy your KPA much more, I'm sure :)

• Mhhh... since the chapter you're referring is now on page 75, I'd advice you to download the latest version of the wiKPA :)

The above-mentioned chapter just refers to a hint from a user, related to putting any sign (he uses a "-") in front of a profile's name just to remember it has been modified. And yes, it's referred to using the KPA, not a PC.

As for your "goofy questions", I personally see nothing wrong in ignorance, as long as it's in good faith and not used as an alibi. I'd suggest you to download and read both the manuals from the Kemper site, and the wiKPA as well, from page 1. Even tho you could miss something, at the end of your reading you will have a different perspective, and a different attitude. And will enjoy your KPA much more, I'm sure :)

Thanks, I didn't realize there was an updated version. But, I downloaded it again (wiKPA 2012 12 10.pdf) and the
    MANAGING MODIFIED RIGS is on page 73. Maybe we're talking about different things.

I've read the manual a couple times and will need to go over it a few more times. Some of it I got right away and some not so much. The one thing I know I need to figure out is how to name, save and organize the profiled rigs and seperate them from the rest so I can find them easily. Otherwise, it could be a nightmare finding the rigs I've adjusted to my liking. Thats why I was hoping there was some kind of PC interface to make it easier.

• Thanks, I didn't realize there was an updated version. But, I downloaded it again (wiKPA 2012 12 10.pdf) and the
    MANAGING MODIFIED RIGS is on page 73. Maybe we're talking about different things.

Uh, yes, page 75 is where it will end up being in the next version :)
    Anyway it doesn't matter, it was just a way to realize you had an old version :)

Generally speaking, the availability of a new version is announced in the specific thread, both in the first and last posts.

I've
    read the manual a couple times and will need to go over it a few more
    times. Some of it I got right away and some not so much.

Don't forget to read both of the manuals (the wiKPA reports how and where to download them)!

The one thing I
    know I need to figure out is how to name, save and organize the
    profiled rigs and seperate them from the rest so I can find them
    easily. Otherwise, it could be a nightmare finding the rigs I've
    adjusted to my liking. Thats why I was hoping there was some kind of PC
    interface to make it easier.

Eng. Kemper has stated they will release a librarian :D