Spillover cuts short?

• The Profiler Model referred to in this thread is ...
    ☑️ Profiler Head/Rack

Heyo! I've got the Delay in the delay slot. When I strum and then cut volume, my delay lasts around 8 seconds before it's inaudible.

If I strum, cut volume and then also immediately switch rigs, the delay lasts only about 4 seconds with a noticeable dive in volume.

This is merely an effect turn-off between my rigs so it should last the full time.

To be clear, spillover is working properly! It's just cutting short..

Am I missing something? Is this something I can tweak? Or should I post in feature requests?

• Rig spillover is a nice idea, and it’s more than you’d get with some other systems, but it has its limitations - when you change to a different performance slot, provided any delays and/or reverbs of the previous slot are in the DLY and REV modules, they will continue to sound after the slot change, but only for a maximum time of about 3 seconds. Rig spillover forces a fade out of those sounds. So rig spillover only works for the DLY and REV modules, none of the others will spillover, and it’s 3 seconds only, which might be abrupt, as you’ve noticed.

Another limitation is that whether it works at all is dependent upon CPU load. Usually this isn’t an issue, but I found when creating a couple of sounds in different performance slots that both featured Ionosphere Reverb that I completely lost spillover. Ionosphere is a very lush sounding reverb and my guess is it’s greedy for CPU time.

My solution to this was to buy another Kemper and have the guitar first go into an ABY footswitch pedal, then into both Kempers. When I want spillover I use the ABY to switch to the second Kemper. It’s brilliant, I can have big ambient reverbs and delays that go on for as long as I want, or use the freeze function, and switch to the second Kemper to play over the top.

I realise my solution is a little self-indulgent and not cheap, although with the Player plus its upgrades, my ‘two Kempers plus ABY pedal’ setup is now a cheaper option than previously possible.

• Feedback parameter on the delay: if you stay on the same Rig, the repeats feeds signal in to the delay, if you change Rig, then not

I suspect the OP isn’t asking about the feedback parameter, currently giving them 8 seconds of delay, I think they might be asking why the 8 seconds is cut to about 4 seconds if they change rigs.

• I suspect the OP isn’t asking about the feedback parameter, currently giving them 8 seconds of delay, I think they might be asking why the 8 seconds is cut to about 4 seconds if they change rigs.

Exactly what I meant. If you stay on the same rig, the repeats keep on feeding back in to the active delay and you get 8 sec of tail. If you change rig, you loose this and only the existing tail (without feedback signal) repeats 'till there's no signal anymore, and you get 4 sec of repeats. I suspect the feedback in the delay to be set quite high (at least 70-75%)

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

• Exactly what I meant. If you stay on the same rig, the repeats keep on feeding back in to the active delay and you get 8 sec of tail. If you change rig, you loose this and only the existing tail (without feedback signal) repeats 'till there's no signal anymore, and you get 4 sec of repeats. I suspect the feedback in the delay to be set quite high (at least 70-75%)

The reason for about 4 seconds of repeats on changing rigs (it’s closer to 3) has nothing to do with the feedback parameter, it’s because rig spillover imposes a fade out of 3 seconds. Anything in the previous rig in the DLY or REV module that would otherwise continue for longer than 3 seconds gets faded out at 3.

• The reason for about 4 seconds of repeats on changing rigs (it’s closer to 3) has nothing to do with the feedback parameter, it’s because rig spillover imposes a fade out of 3 seconds. Anything in the previous rig in the DLY or REV module that would otherwise continue for longer than 3 seconds gets faded out at 3.

May I ask where did you got the info about the 3 sec?

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better