Profiler OS 11.1 Beta Thread (Player Upgrade Options)

• Well the paid updates are something that is already developed. So why charge this again? I could live with a freeze of the current status featurewise and pay the 700€. In comparison to other products there is no profiling, no display and only three footswitches. I think this alone justifies its cheap prize.

In my opinion charge KPP-owners for really new stuff like slicer etc.. That would be a fair deal in my opinion. Still Steinberg offers discount for upgrades once you are a loyal customer. I would expect Kemper the same. I have the features in my rack and technically the KPP could do the same …

Just my throw-ins to this topic.

Edited once, last by StefanErtle (September 28, 2024 at 5:48 PM).

• Except the Stomp doesn’t have *nearly* the processing power of the larger units.

The Player’s is identical.

I'm not an electronic engineer and don't mind about what is inside..... I personnaly watch features and possibilities ;

L6 purposes ;

- The same FXs/ Amp/cab sims in the HX

- Snapshots (for me = to Morph)

- Same number of blocks as a Kemper Stage (and you can move them before or post stack)

- You can still have // path

Even if the number of blocks are reduced comparing to Helix LT/Floor, it would be enough for my needs and i could copy/paste all my rigs (preset) from a device to another one....

• The Stomp can’t do nearly as much as its big brothers. It is cheaper - and limited. In a different way to the Player, but limited all the same.

If it fits, great. If not - that’s why choices exist.

I think it’s disingenuous to ask a company to sell a unit at less than half the cost of their others and expect it to have equal capacity for sound creation.

I think new users are going to look at $1,000 for a pedal-sized, full-featured unit sans Profiling, which most don’t care about, and love the idea. It’s not cheap. Neither is an H90, which is $900 and doesn’t do much of anything in comparison to a Level 3 Player.