Rig Manager Tempo knob

• The Profiler Model referred to in this thread is ...
    ☑️ Profiler Player

Hey guys, new Kemper owner here. Loving the sounds and ecosystem so far.
    I did have one small issue. Is there a way to type in the exact BPM of the rig rather on both the desktop and mobile app for Rig Manager.

Thank you,

• Unfortunately not. 😢

Typing data entry has been asked for repeatedly but Kemper generally responds by saying there isn’t any need for it. The standard response is that, you couldn’t type exact values in the analog world “and nobody seemed to have a problem with that”. Well, you couldn’t profile an amp then change the definition to make it more or less vintage/modern or make a single Wah pedal do half the stuff the Kemper Wah does in the analog world. Nobody had a problem with that but Kemper still pushed the boundaries to create something people didn’t know they needed until they got it. Saying that something wasn’t used/needed in the old analog days doesn’t seem like a valid argument against something that people do need. I’m not a software developer but I can’t imagine it would be difficult to add text entry for all controls as the functionality already exists for the meta data tags.

We can only hope that they change their mindset at some point but I would bet that even if they do it is well down the priority list.

• Typing data entry has been asked for repeatedly but Kemper generally responds by saying there isn’t any need for it.

The fact this hasn’t been implemented is less annoying than the attitude Kemper has taken.

“It works fine.”

Well…It works in terms of functioning as described. That’s all.

It isn’t the least bit intuitive. You have to read the manual or be told it’s there. You’d *never* stumble across it. Instead you click the value expecting to be able to edit.

Reminds me of Steve Jobs and the iPhone4 antenna issue. “You’re holding it wrong.” Never mind it was a poor design choice…..the users just don’t get it.

At least Apple acknowledged and addressed the issue.

• Might "Performance Tempo" help at least in some of these cases?

That’s a good point. You can obviously type the tempo into the data list on the right side. I haven’t tested to see if this is only meta data or if it actually links to the rigs but the manual does suggest it would work 👍

The fact that this typed tempo functionality already exists for Performances does seem to negate Kemper’s arguments against click and type functions for other parts pf the system.