Help me understand Ducking and the Crossover in Vintage Chorus.

• The Profiler Model referred to in this thread is ...
    ☑️ Profiler Head/Rack

If I wanted to kill the chorus on low end bass notes from a chord but leave the effect on the high end strings then I would raise the Crossover from 20.6Hz to like 166.0Hz (or similar)?

If I wanted to shorten the effect of the chorus over a sustained chord then I would add a positive Ducking? And negative ducking is vice-versa?

Is this how these parameters work?

Thanks!

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• I never used those two controls, but from your question I thought I'd give them a try.

For me with an older Profiler head and latest OS, I can't hear any effect at all from the Crossover. Full sweep and I tried various settings. Didn't seem to do anything for me.

On the ducking - I find that with positive settings a strum will at first sound unaffected, but the trail of will build up the chorusing. Just the opposite for negative settings. A strum will start with chorusing but then fade to unaffected.

Be interesting to hear if others get the same result. Hope that helps.

Let me add to that - I was describing the Vintage Chorus as in the title. On the Hyper Chorus the Crossover seems to work as expected.

• Seems like a bit of both velocity and fade. Try it to hear how it's working. Add a Vintage Chorus in MOD with the default settings for the effect. Bring Rate up to 10 to make it really obvious.

With Ducking at 0, it's always there no matter how hard or soft you pick, or how long you let it fade. Ducking at positive 3, pick hard and there is no chorus. But hold a note and after a few seconds it fades and you'll hear the chorusing start to fade in. Ducking at minus 3, picking very softly there is no chorus, Pick hard and there is chorus, but it will fade to no chorus.