Running two 1 x 12 cabs

• The Profiler Model referred to in this thread is ...
    ☑️ Profiler Player

I have a profile players that runs into an ISP Stealth Ultra-Lite power amp. The lone out connects to a 1x12 cab with a Kone inside. Everything works and sounds great. I want to take a second Kone placing it in a second 1x12 cab. This is my version of simulating a 2x12. I have multiple 1x12 cabs but no 2x12s.

If the line out is at 4 Ohm is there a way I can achieve this goal? For my amps I have a Radial Cab Link which does the job however I do not believe this will work with the Kemper (due to the Kones being 4 Ohm). Is there a cable to split the signal that might do the trick? Pardon the ignorance as I may not be looking at the big picture correctly.

Dave

• Here are my thoughts, but it may be best to shoot the question to ISP:

From its manual, it looks like the ISP Stealth can output 4, 8, and 16 ohms. If the Kones are 4 ohms each, then you would plug into the Series amp input of the CabLink so the ISP would see 8 ohms at the CabLink and the CabLink would output to two 4 ohm speaker cabs.

• "Here are my thoughts, but it may be best to shoot the question to ISP:"

Interesting and thanks for the response. Not dire as one cab is just fine but thought it would fun to add another. I will inquire with ISP (good thinking on your part).

• Gotta admit...

I had a penchant for trying to run stereo.

So I had a second 1x12 cab made and put a Kone in it to match my Kabinet. Works an absolute treat, BUT... the experiment was somewhat unsuccessful at practice and gigs. Then I tried both Kabs at mono, and found it to be not enough of an improvement to bother with setup/transport. Now back to a single Kabinet at practice and gigs. Took the second Kab home and use it there.

YMMV!!!:)

• I should clarify as well ... because the ISP is a Class D amp, it doesn't rely on output transformers that have to be "tapped" at each output impedance to match the speakers. The transistors of the Class D amp output to a range of loads (speaker impedance) and the power just varies a bit. So the ISP can connect to 4, 8, and 16 ohm loads ... no need for separate speaker outputs for each. The higher the load/impedance, the lower the maximum power output.