Midi-Out Kemper Stage

• The Profiler Model referred to in this thread is ...
    ☑️ Profiler Stage

Hello, I'm trying to control another device (Midi In on the Boss GM 800) with the Kemper Stage (Midi Out). I just need the function that the up/down button on the Stage in Performance Mode takes over the same function on the GM 800 (i.e. it also switches the presets up and down on the GM 800 synchronously). I've worked my way through the manual and various videos, but it doesn't work. Does anyone have an idea? Thanks!

• New
    • Official Post

You cannot freely assign MIDI functions to the Up and Down Buttons of the Stage.

If you activate "UI to MIDI" the Stage will send all kind of MIDI messages to enable a slave PROFILER to follow Performance Mode navigation and effect controls. Performance Up/Down would trigger Sysex messages, which you can hardly translate into somethink meaningful at a third party device.

• You cannot freely assign MIDI functions to the Up and Down Buttons of the Stage.

If you activate "UI to MIDI" the Stage will send all kind of MIDI messages to enable a slave PROFILER to follow Performance Mode navigation and effect controls. Performance Up/Down would trigger Sysex messages, which you can hardly translate into somethink meaningful at a third party device.

Is this true for the toaster units too?