Cant change author for a profile

• The Profiler Model referred to in this thread is ...
    ☑️ Profiler Stage

I made a profile of a NAM amp and of course the Kemper just uses whatever profile you were last on as the author/profile info. And I can change everything except the author???

Any ideas?

• The profiling assistant in Rig Manager won't allow the changing of the amp author. The Kemper will use the owner name for the amp author automatically. IOW if you want your name as the amp author don't use the RM profiling assistant. I hope they get around to fixing that someday but I don't think Kemper is even aware of the issue.

"Faith don't need no second opinion"

• So people cant claim other profiles as there own.

We are talking about making our own profiles. The RM profiling assistant will not read the device owner's name from the Kemper.

My work around is to not save the new profile from Rig Manager. After I have refined the profile, I stop with RM and go to the controls on the Kemper and check the tags and save to the Kemper. Then close the profiling assistant on RM, switch to browse mode and copy from the Kemper to the local Library for safe keeping. That also gives me a template with my name in the amp author block to use for the next profile and then I can save from RM profiling assistant.

"Faith don't need no second opinion"

• The Kemper also screws up the CABs.

If you make a profile then drag the CAB to a folder, it has the wrong name.

So your on profile A and make 10 profiles to get the CABs. All of the CABs are called Profile A in the folder list.

You know, I drug this thing out of the moth balls to mess with profiles of my VSTs and its just not worth the effort anymore. May be selling it soon or donating to the local music shop. I suggest no one ever write a VST. Once you have that freedom, it is like crack, you cant settle for anything less 8o

• Thanks for making us aware of the problem. This will be fixed in the next Rig Manager release, the Profiling wizard will then use the Profiler's owner name as amp and cab author.
    You can still correct the amp author in the Kemper, editing is only prevented in Rig Manager.

• Thanks for making us aware of the problem. This will be fixed in the next Rig Manager release, the Profiling wizard will then use the Profiler's owner name as amp and cab author.
    You can still correct the amp author in the Kemper, editing is only prevented in Rig Manager.

I probably do not use the Kemper the same way other users do. I mostly make profiles, not hand edit stuff for live performance. And I do everything thru RM. The addition of profiling in RM was what got me back on the Kemper. I love RM and just enjoy working in it.

The issue with the CAB is the name of the CAB. When you drag-n-drop a CAB out to a LOCAL folder, the name is wrong. It is saved as the original name. Not the new profiled name.

The other day I was sampling CABs from Rig Exchange and every CAB shows up as CABINET PRESET.

Thank you for responding. I look forward to the changes.