(Profiler Player) Please add Low and High Cut EQ to Monitor Outputs

• The Profiler Model referred to in this thread is ...
    ☑️ Profiler Player

Hi!

Could you please add add Low and High Cut EQ to Monitor Outputs ?

When I play live - I plug my Kemper Player to PA using Main Out. But also I have it connected to return of a tube amp to hear myself on stage.

The problem is that low end coming from guitar cab can be really over-the-top, huuuge amount of bass which is unusable to be played from real guitar cab. It would be cool to have possibility to cut this low end without changing the sound which is coming to Main Outputs.

Thanks in advance!

• I am begging for that too

• Or at least, if there are some hardware restrictions - maybe it's possible to do output EQ assignable ? For example, so it could be moved to Monitor Outs leaving Main Out without EQ.

Even this will be more flexible and usable in different situations.

• Or at least, if there are some hardware restrictions - maybe it's possible to do output EQ assignable ? For example, so it could be moved to Monitor Outs leaving Main Out without EQ.

Even this will be more flexible and usable in different situations.

I KNOW , In some other devices like the quad cortex you have that option to chose which output you want to apply the eq to .

• What are chances that Kemper admins are looking through threads like this and accumulating ideas for future firmware updates from here? :)

They definitely look though the posts and see what people are asking for then decide what they think should be added to improve the system. However, CKemper has stated explicitly that he believes it is unnecessary and is the wrong tool for the job. Based on that I would be surprised to see it added any time soon. He may change his mind but if I remember correctly the last post seemed pretty clear that the official view is that Low and Hi Cuts should be set the same for all outputs. Please don't shoot the messenger. I'm not commenting on what I personally think is wrong or right but merely stating what has been said several times by ckemper

• They definitely look though the posts and see what people are asking for then decide what they think should be added to improve the system. However, CKemper has stated explicitly that he believes it is unnecessary and is the wrong tool for the jon. Based on that I would be surprised to see it added any time soon. He may change his mind but if I remember correctly the last post seemed pretty clear that the official view is that Low and Hi Cuts should be set the same for all outputs. Please don't shoot the messenger. I'm not commenting on what I personally think is wrong or right but merely stating what has been said several times by ckemper

That's too bad for a player like me .

Let me explain , My band has sound. man , so in all of my setups 1 output goes to him he does what he wants with it I then use another output to go to a powered monitor and some of them sometimes do not have have a low cut ot high cut option . That is where something the Quad Cortex shines it Has a full 5 bands eq option . I have currently have , tonex , hxstomp and of course the kpp . i set my main board around the kkp it works good because i can't be without that volume button with the option to link to just monitor out that low cut high cut option would have been awesome . although i prefer the tone out of Tonex Best .

• tsachou I know what you mean and understand your reasoning.

Here is a link to the thread where CK had a detailed debate with usersmabout why he believes cuts formthe monitor out are not only unnecessary but actually the wrong tool for the job. Its in German so I had to read it with the translate option but it was worth it.

Yoda Guitar
    October 14, 2020 at 4:53 PM
  • tsachou I know what you mean and understand your reasoning.

Here is a link to the thread where CK had a detailed debate with usersmabout why he believes cuts formthe monitor out are not only unnecessary but actually the wrong tool for the job. Its in German so I had to read it with the translate option but it was worth it.

Yoda Guitar
    October 14, 2020 at 4:53 PM

lol thanks but i can't understand anything

• If you highlight the text you should get a list of options (copy, paste etc) one iof them should be Translate. That’s what I had to do to read it but it was worthwhile as you get to see ckemper’s arguments against why he won’t implement it. He is quite adamant it is not necessary and is the wrong tool for for the job even if it was necessary. From his arguments I would say he has never had to play in some of the venues with a”hostile spund environment” on stage that I have had to cope with 🤣

• If Low and Hi cuts will be the same for all outputs - it still will be better than not having cuts on Monitor Outs at all!

I was even thinking about somehow connect my tube amp from Main Out XLR! Only because it has those Low and High cuts....

Right now when I connect via Monitor Outs to tube amp's return - I can only get usable sound if I set Bass at -12 and Mids and Treble at +8 or something. Only then it sounds OK in terms of bass frequency amount. But such crazy EQ is not too cool and correct to use I think.

There should be way to remove all unnecessary lows from those outputs!!

• If Low and Hi cuts will be the same for all outputs - it still will be better than not having cuts on Monitor Outs at all!

I was even thinking about somehow connect my tube amp from Main Out XLR! Only because it has those Low and High cuts....

Right now when I connect via Monitor Outs to tube amp's return - I can only get usable sound if I set Bass at -12 and Mids and Treble at +8 or something. Only then it sounds OK in terms of bass frequency amount. But such crazy EQ is not too cool and correct to use I think.

There should be way to remove all unnecessary lows from those outputs!!

It's unfortunate i can't really voice my opinion truthfully on these forums as some users are too sensitive like they either endorsed or looking for endorsement , but i really feel that these option should be available to us just like in the Kmeper stage or at least let us assign it to either Main OUT or monitor OUT . The logic of not giving us the ability to do a low cut and high cut based on How one feels makes no sense to me . TBH i really need that option, I perform 2 to 3 times a weekend they usually provide a powered monitor and sometimes i could really use a low cut

• I ran into this exact issue yesterday for the first time after having my player for a week. +1 on having high and low cut on the monitor outs. Massive oversight even if CK himself doesnt seem to think its required. I can be gotten around externally relatively easily yes.... but why.....

• I'm glad that I'm not alone in this request :) Really hope Kemper engineers will hear us and implement this in future firmware!

Let's get this topic active from time to time to show this feature is really important for us.

To be honest, while I understand the desire for something to deal with poor onstage sound which varies from venue to venue, I have to agree with ckemper on this one - I just can’t see how low and/or hi cuts are the right tool for the job. In my opinion people should stop asking for low and hi cuts to be added to the monitor out and instead request a dedicated fully parametric eq or 31 band graphic eq instead. Like most people here I have played on plenty of crappy sounding stages over the years and have suffered from horrible boomy low notes often. However, the reality is that these are typically a result of stage/room acoustics and the problems present themselves at a limited number of specific frequencies. Therefore, using a low cut to just chop off the bottom end of your sound isn’t the answer. A better solution is to surgically tames the specific problem frequencies which needs the ability to target a narrow Q in order to fix the problem without causing even more damage in the process.

In short - I agree there is a very real problem which is important to many players and they rightly want a way to fix it. However, asking for the right tool (“feature”) to solve the problem would be more likely to convince the engineers to offer a solution.

• To be honest, while I understand the desire for something to deal with poor onstage sound which varies from venue to venue, I have to agree with ckemper on this one - I just can’t see how low and/or hi cuts are the right tool for the job. In my opinion people should stop asking for low and hi cuts to be added to the monitor out and instead request a dedicated fully parametric eq or 31 band graphic eq instead. Like most people here I have played on plenty of crappy sounding stages over the years and have suffered from horrible boomy low notes often. However, the reality is that these are typically a result of stage/room acoustics and the problems present themselves at a limited number of specific frequencies. Therefore, using a low cut to just chop off the bottom end of your sound isn’t the answer. A better solution is to surgically tames the specific problem frequencies which needs the ability to target a narrow Q in order to fix the problem without causing even more damage in the process.

In short - I agree there is a very real problem which is important to many players and they rightly want a way to fix it. However, asking for the right tool (“feature”) to solve the problem would be more likely to convince the engineers to offer a solution.

Agreed !!

• I'm not too familiar with the Player, so it *might* not work for you, but with my power rack it's possible to adjust high and low cut in the cabinet section of each rig. Then, if you have cabinet turned off for your monitor, it won't effect your monitor. The high and low cut will only apply to the signal going to the PA

• Parametric for Monitor Outs would be cool of course, but there is possibility that CPU power of Player is much less than basic Kemper models.

If it's that so - it's better to have at least Low/Hi cuts (which may require less CPU power) compared to don't have anything at all...