Kemper lock up with error

• The Profiler Model referred to in this thread is ...
    ☑️ Profiler Head/Rack

Hello, today my Kemper power rack has a lock up error and keeps looping if i exit or power the unit back on. I cannot get sound out of the unit because it never gets out of this screen. I have tried disconnecting everything from the unit and powered it off for over an hour. Everything has been working perfectly since i have got this unit until now. I am new to Kemper and only had this unit for a few months. I have a usb back up but it wont allow me to back it up, or I am doing it wrong. I have contacted support.

• Given that you've already followed the instructions in the error message and contacted support, I'd assume you'll just have to wait for them, BUT, as a long shot, I noticed that you're not on the latest firmware... So if you're still waiting, it might be worth just connecting it to rig manager. Theoretically, when you open rig manager, it will automatically offer to update to the latest firmware 10.2.3 , which should overwrite everything and get you up and running again. Please note, I'm not an expert, but that is what I would try.

• Given that you've already followed the instructions in the error message and contacted support, I'd assume you'll just have to wait for them, BUT, as a long shot, I noticed that you're not on the latest firmware... So if you're still waiting, it might be worth just connecting it to rig manager. Theoretically, when you open rig manager, it will automatically offer to update to the latest firmware 10.2.3 , which should overwrite everything and get you up and running again. Please note, I'm not an expert, but that is what I would try.

yes! You are correct! That probably is my my issue and I am grateful that you have noticed this. I overlooked the new OS being 10.2.3 and thought i was up to date with 10.2.2.

Unfortunately, I still cannot load any thing from rig manager, as it cannot see the profiler. I even tried to load the new OS from the front usb slot and it cannot load that way either. The profiler starts to boot up, then near the end it stops and pops up the error screen. If there was a button to hold to bypass the Os boot up and just write the new OS to flash or something, that would be great. Im sure there is and I am waiting for more details from Kemper.

• Copy the unziped firmware file 'kaos.bin' to the root folder of the USB stick
    • Plug the USB stick into the KPA
    • Press and hold both '<' and '>' keys
    • while still holding both keys - switch KPA to tuner
    • Something like 'booting and installing' will be displayed
    • Wait until the firmware is reinstalled

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

• Thank You everyone! I am all fixed and playing again!

Sorry it took so long to reply back, I was playing a lot.

I contacted support and they told me helped me through it.