Chain Reaction (heavy metal)

• Another mix and polish. I did a quick one on this so I can start to pack up for my ocean tour. I recently got the EchoPlex delay and it inspired me to create this intro. I used just about every place on the fretboard for this song. Bogus Supersonic profile with Charvel and SD Distortion (split mode), and Kemper Flanger for some shine. I also played the bass "angrier" and boosted the mids. I really like this song. It's a challenge for me to play.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Yeah ! we finally ear that bass , much better to my ears , that's a great bass tone & play ,

I would recommend harmonizing the bass notes , not to follow the guitar notes , but some other notes , or even a single note as pedal as much bassists do (including myself) , ie pedal is not gear but a way to build tension

check that 5mn vid & it will change the way you write bass lines !

• I cannot give you a better example of pedal point, and the tone is surprisingly similar to your songs :

check that intro , typical pedal point on bass ( accentuated by the pm guitar TBH , then chords change for good )

That's the beauty of pedal point, only one bass note & 3 chords lol , you can do that forever ;)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Another mix and polish. I did a quick one on this so I can start to pack up for my ocean tour. I recently got the EchoPlex delay and it inspired me to create this intro. I used just about every place on the fretboard for this song. Bogus Supersonic profile with Charvel and SD Distortion (split mode), and Kemper Flanger for some shine. I also played the bass "angrier" and boosted the mids. I really like this song. It's a challenge for me to play.

External Content soundcloud.com

Cool BayouTexan I agree with Renaud great to finally hear the bass! The rhythm work is also much much tighter recently and more complimentary of the lead line on this track. Well done!

• Cool BayouTexan I agree with Renaud great to finally hear the bass! The rhythm work is also much much tighter recently and more complimentary of the lead line on this track. Well done!

Thanks Per! I just got back from my vacation so time to get caught up and do some new material.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.