Living With A Memory - inspired by Larry Carlton - Dumble style sound

• I've always admired Larry Carlton and according to others that has influenced both my composing and my playing.
    This track was an effort to write a tune where I decided to focus a lot on chord tones both for the melody and the solo.

Rhythm guitar: James Tyler SE

Lead guitar: Collings I-35LC

Hope you'll like it!

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Cheers,

Mats N

• Great chords Mats on that opening , I really dig the voicings and that slow hand lead , the cool really cool anti thesis of shred ;)

well done you nailed the Carlton tone once again :)

Thanks, Renaud!
    That anti thesis of shred is the only speed I manage nowadays. :D

Cheers,

Mats N

• Sounds great Mats_Nermark

Larry is a phenomenal influence to have if you can mange to nail the sound and style as well as this!

Your playing sounds so relaxed, like you're just having a great time and should be on a beach somewhere playing with a band enjoying some margaritas.

I'm not sure if that's your aim, but it sounds like a pretty decent life goal to me.

• Nice Mats! I would love some deeper lows with this since it has a dance floor flavor.

Thanks, Larry!

I never saw this as a dace floor tune but when you mentioned it I would like to see how people on a dance floor would react to it.

Cheers,

Mats N

• Thanks, Per!

This type of tune just invites you to be relaxed when approaching it.

And regarding my life goal, I do live 10 minutes by foot from the beach and I love to drink mocktails so I'm kind of there already. :D
    Only thing missing is a band to play this stuff with.

Cheers,

Mats N