Tag editing in RM

• The Rig Manager version referred to in this thread is ...
    šŸ–„ļø Windows

What's up with Rig Manager and editing tags? I can't edit the Author tag on a new profile and the tags that can be edited can't be seen while typing the new text. This is, IN MY OPINION, really lame.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

"Faith don't need no second opinion"

• There is a significant difference between the Rig Author and the Profile Author. The Rick Author can be changed later, the Profile Author cannot. This is set automatically by the data in the system settings when creating a profile, see system settings page 298 in the manual. This is for copyright reasons, otherwise anyone could buy profiles, rename the author and resell it as their own.

Be the force with you ;)

Edited once, last by Yoda Guitar (June 29, 2024 at 11:52 PM).

• There is a significant difference between the Rick Author and the Profile Author. The Rick Author can be changed later, the Profile Author cannot. This is set automatically by the data in the system settings when creating a profile, see system settings page 298 in the manual. This is for copyright reasons, otherwise anyone could buy profiles, rename the author and resell it as their own.

By "Rick Author" I will assume you mean Rig Author. Page 298 of which manual? There are many, I have the English manuals from ver 8 something to the newest ver 11 and still can't see any relevant info on page 298.

I just profiled this amp, how is that RM assumes that the Amp Author could possibly be anyone else?

I'm still frustrated by the fact that the text disappears while editing until the return key is pressed.

• I have a Rack and used to have a Stage, I've been using Kempers for about 2 years. i have edited the Owner name on both units long ago. I guess I just have to assume RM is still a work in progress.

I've made some good profiles of my amps (6 so far) but I wouldn't share them on Rig Exchange only because the tag info is incorrect. I may try to do a profile again tomorrow and see if I can input the correct data directly on the Rack unit.

• I made another profile today and and learned a couple of things.

Before I started I changed a setting in Windows, I had set the theme to High Contrast Black and turned that off and that fixed the typing issue. Rig Manager is not able to handle that theme, (some programs can and some can't).

After that I re-profiled the same amp I did yesterday but this time RM was not running and I did it all from the Rack unit. Everything went fine and the Kemper picked up my name as the Amp Author. So, I would say the profiling assistant in RM has a problem reading that info from the Rack unit.

To clarify, I am using RM 3.5.27 and Kemper OS 10.2.3.53270 on a Windows 10 system w/ all recent updates.