Sharp Cuts and Close Shaves - twang over some weird chords

• When I started writing this tune, I thought it was going to to be a fairly straight forward countryish tune i D major with lots of twangy guitars.
    But when I got into the writing process I kept hearing these, for the genre, weird chords, like C7/11, Bb7-5 and A+5 to name a few.
    So I put them into the tune and this is the final result.

I hope you'll like it!

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Cheers,

Mats N

• Great composition , and very tasty chords & tones indeed , has a happy feel to it and a great all along lead / talking guitar part , that lady strat has a long story to tell & is very talkative ;)

• Always trust your mind and ears first. Nice Mark Knopfler-ish riffing.

Thanks, Larry!
    I never listened much to Mark Knopfler but his music has been such a fixture on the music scene since way back so I guess it's impossible not to have some influences from him.

Cheers,

Mats N

• Great composition , and very tasty chords & tones indeed , has a happy feel to it and a great all along lead / talking guitar part , that lady strat has a long story to tell & is very talkative ;)

Thanks, Renaud!
    Regarding having a happy feel, I was once told by a guitar playing friend of mind that I was the only player he knew who could make a minor blues sound happy and that's without even trying. :D

Cheers,

Mats N

• When I started writing this tune, I thought it was going to to be a fairly straight forward countryish tune i D major with lots of twangy guitars.
    But when I got into the writing process I kept hearing these, for the genre, weird chords, like C7/11, Bb7-5 and A+5 to name a few.
    So I put them into the tune and this is the final result.

I hope you'll like it!

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Cheers,

Mats N

Very clever piece of music with those added chords it starts shifting with all the constant rising modulation. Still has the bones of country in there with that great lead and slide sound especially, but sure to trip up all but the best players I think. Well done!

• Very clever piece of music with those added chords it starts shifting with all the constant rising modulation. Still has the bones of country in there with that great lead and slide sound especially, but sure to trip up all but the best players I think. Well done!

Thanks, Per!

Those words make me proud.

Cheers,

Mats N