Front of House Sound

• The Profiler Model referred to in this thread is ...
    ☑️ Profiler Head/Rack

Hi All,

I have had my Kemper now for a few months and after initially not being keen on the sounds i was getting through my FOH and stage monitor i ran it through an old Rivera amp using the power output direct to the speaker and all was great

What i am finding though is if i turn that off the sound at front of house almost sounds like there's a blanket over the speaker (on the Kemper tone only) , it just doesn't cut the mix

so on stage i am happy, but at larger venues the FOH sound is what half the audience will be hearing so I'd like to try improve this if possible

has anyone got any tips?

Is it ok to switch on the Kone section to FOH... i know this is designed for the Kemper cab or Kone but has anyone used this on Line out to PA?

Any feedback on how people are sending there sound to FOH would be interesting to hear

To note i am using M Britt profiles and the unit has been reset to factory before i started playing with it and have tested it on different front of house systems that i am very familiar with as i do sound for venues

Also i'm not after an in the room amp sound i see people hunting for with monitors, this is why i went to the cab... I'm really asking what are people doing to optimise there FOH sound as i'm not currently fully happy with mine

Cheers in advance guys

Edited once, last by B Hall Music (May 17, 2024 at 10:39 AM).

• Is it ok to switch on the Kone section to FOH... i know this is designed for the Kemper cab or Kone but has anyone used this on Line out to PA?

Kone only affects the Monitor Out. it doesn’t get sent to the Main Outs ever.

My main rig is one of the MBritt factory Marshalls and iI have never had an issue with it cutting through the FOH. In fact a couple of engineers have said that and my PRS513 were the best guitar sounds they had ever worked with. I don’t do anything special at all just send a Master Mono signal to the desk and that’s it. I generally play in large bands with horns etc (9 or 10 piece) so a stereo guitar signal can take up too much space and be difficult to cut through. In a trio I might be more likely to use Master Stereo I suppose.

Many people swear by the Cut The Mix EQ preset so you might want to give that a try but I have honestly never had any need for it.