Keeping multiple profilers in sync (player&rack)

• The Profiler Model referred to in this thread is ...
    ☑️ Profiler Head/Rack

Looking for suggestions. I have a rack and a player. Different use cases for recording, practices and shows.

My recording studio is on my second floor and I hold practices in my garage. My Kemper Rack is in a 8U holding my Rack, a Power amp and Conditioner so its heavy and a pain moving from one location to another. Since it was getting to be such a PITA I picked up a Kemper Player.

My Player I am currently using in the studio upstairs and have the Rack settled nicely in the garage with the rest of the live equipment.

I mostly practice in the studio with headphones when the family goes to sleep. But I want an easy way to keep both the player and the rack using the same rigs/profiles.

I am not overly concerned with the 4 missing effects slots on the player.

Most of my rigs are (Comp, Screamer [AMP|CAB] Delay, Reverb)

The issue is I will tinker with one kemper and make a change then obviously now I'll need to now recreate that change in the other kemper so they maintain the same tone.

I should add I use multiple PC's or MACs with rigmanager agian depending on location so I have "locally" saved rigs in multiple locations.

I have a NAS on the home network... maybe I can configure RigManager to save "locally" to a shared NAS drive?

What do you all have thoughts on how I can best keep these separate kempers with the same rigs at all times. I know this wont be automated but If I make a change on Kemper_A how can I efficiently duplicate Kemper_A changes over to to Kemper_B

Hope this isn't to crazy happy to clarify.

THANKS!

• Go to Best Answer
  • You can drag profiles directly out out and in to rigmanager. I create device specific folders on my home network storage and keep rigs updated there. Then I can drag them into either machine from either computer. I keep default folders to things like Player_Old, Player_Current, Toaster_Old, Toaster_Current, etc for backups and have one named Transfer that I use to move rigs from one profiler to another. Keeps it pretty simple.

• mmazur716 April 17, 2024 at 3:04 AM

Selected a post as the best answer.