Bass Amp Power Amp using a GUITAR

• The Profiler Model referred to in this thread is ...
    ☑️ Profiler Player

Question: I have an unpowered rack that I use an orange pedal baby. Works great.

Now I have a Kemper player used mostly for in house practice and recording.

I have an Orange Tiny Little Bass Thing that I use for some Bass work.

Can I use the FX return on that Bass Amp with the Kemper Player for use on guitar?

Will there be tone difference because it is a Bass amp? What about if I zero out all EQ on the bass amp?

I will be running it through a Marshall 4x12 cab with cab sims off if that is needed info.

Thanks!

• Go to Best Answer
  • mmazur716 April 11, 2024 at 3:13 AM

Changed the title of the thread from “Bass Amp Power Amp vs Dedicated for GUITAR” to “Bass Amp Power Amp using a GUITAR”.
  • If it’s a class D amp (which I believe it is), it should work fine into the effects return. Class D is the same type of amp the powered versions of everything Kemper use.

I’d also bet that the return goes straight to the power amp. Most likely no eq or tone shaping.

• mmazur716 April 11, 2024 at 4:25 AM

Selected a post as the best answer.
  • Can I use the FX return on that Bass Amp with the Kemper Player for use on guitar?

Will there be tone difference because it is a Bass amp? What about if I zero out all EQ on the bass amp?

that depends on where the FX return comes in the signal path. One the vast majority of amps the FX loop is between the preamp and power amp (there are a few that put it before the tone stack but not many) which means that the tone controls have no effect one the FX loop. Orange state in the manual for the Little Bass Thing that the FX loop is between the pre/power amp sections so the to tone should be completely uncoloured in your case and work well for guitar as Ruefus said 👍

• mmazur716 April 16, 2024 at 4:09 AM

Selected a post as the best answer.