WiFi/Bluetooth Dongle Via The USB A Socket.

• I was wondering if the USBA socket normally used for updates using a Flash drive could be configured to use a WIFI or Bluetooth dongle. This would mean I could have my Remote connected and use RM on my phone/laptop/tablet without the need for a router (unless I’ve missed something).

Just thinking out loud……..but not too loud hence not in upper case letters.

Yours lovinglmykemperrackily,

Ian

• I have to admit I never heard of a passive PoE. The PoE port on the router is needed to provide power for the Remote.

I hadn’t either. When I was looking for routers, I saw that some were listed as passive or active POE.

Apparently passive is always on. Meaning current is always being sent, whether the device on the other end, supports it or not. Active means the router checks before passing power. Or something like that.

• I am aware that the USBA doesn’t support Bluetooth or WiFi dongles. As this is the Feature Request forum page I felt that it would be worth asking if it could be made possible by the Kemper Gods. Seeing as it was only a short time ago that using MIDI over USB (B) was but a dream!

• I support this feature request.

Like the Sim1-XT, to support a WIFI dongle. They use the easily available Edimax EW-7811UN*

I have them and it works great and can conenct to the unit with my phone and/or Computer.

The KPA would need to have an internal driver to use it and through the KPA screen we coudl configure the SSID and PSK etc. It woudl be a quality of life enhancement

• I support this feature request.

Like the Sim1-XT, to support a WIFI dongle. They use the easily available Edimax EW-7811UN*

I have them and it works great and can conenct to the unit with my phone and/or Computer.

The KPA would need to have an internal driver to use it and through the KPA screen we coudl configure the SSID and PSK etc. It woudl be a quality of life enhancement

That’s what made me think of it. However I can’t for the life of me get my SIM1 to connect to the phone/laptop. Was there a secret/trick?

• MolecularElk March 4, 2024 at 7:53 PM

Changed the title of the thread from “The USB A socket.” to “WiFi/Bluetooth Dongle Via The USB A Socket.”.