Rig Manager - Performances - Am I doing something wrong?

• I've been using both the physical Profiler and Rig manager trying to understand and program what I need for my performances.
    I've created my own profiles and my own cab IR's.
    What I'm struggling with is in Rig Manager, I can see what's in each performance slot, but I don't see how to edit and save within the performance.

>>>>Hmm, and while I'm writing this and messing with Rig Manager, I think I see the issue.. The Kemper has to be in Performance mode and I can then save/edit/re-save within the performances... Ah... Okay, got it now.
    Yah, that wasn't intuitive at first. I had it in Browser mode the first time, and that's what was confusing me.
    Wish I discovered that earlier. I'll post this anyway in case someone else needs the info.

So, the Kemper has to be in the right mode for Rig Manager to work with that same mode.

• The rule is not as generic as you state it.

There are some transactions that even don't require a PROFILER being connected. If a PROFILER is connected, it doesn't matter which mode it is in. You can for example edit the tags of a Rig in your Local Library or a name of a Performance in your Local Library. Such transactions happen in the upper part of Rig Manager for example in the Inspector column (upper right). You close those transaction and store by pressing ENTER at the computer keyboard. Here you can even select and manipulate multiple objects in one go e.g. modifying the tag Amp Location of multiple Rigs.

All transactions that are sound relevant require a PROFILER being connected and residing in the corresponding mode. A Rig or Performance needs to be loaded for editing. And there can only be one Rig or one Performance be loaded at a time. That means PROFILER front panel and Rig Manager Editor signal chain and parameter settings focus the same object. And you can play and monitor the sound while you edit. As at the PROFILER front panel, such edits e.g. increasing GAIN affect the sound you hear, but are not permanent yet. To make these permanent you need to explicitly store th Rig or Performance. You can do this either with the STORE button at the front panel of the PROFILER or with one of the STORE options at the bottom of the Editor. And these sound relevant changes include pasting or dropping another Rig into a Slot of a Performance. This is only possible while a PROFILER is connected and in Perfomance Mode and the destination Performance is loaded. Afterwards it requires an explicit store to make the change permanent.