Kemper Power Kabinet has lost volume, any ideas why?

• Hey everyone!

I was jamming today with my profiler that's connected to my Kemper Power Kabinet. The profiler is also plugged into my PC. I had a backing track playing from my computer into the Kabinet when I was opening Rig Manager to change profiles from my desk. Upon opening Rig Manager I was greeted with a "Can't find profiler message" so I got up to unplug and plug back in the USB cable on my profiler. This isn't unusual for me as the profiler error happens every now and then.

However, as the backing track was still playing, when I unplugged the cable, the Power Kabinet started to make a weird buzzing sound so I quickly plugged it back in. Ever since that event, the Kabinet has been much quieter. Even with my the Profiler Amp Volume set to 12.0 dB on Rig Manager and the volume knob of the Kabinet at 12 o'clock (roughly 60% of the way), it plays much quieter than when It was 0.0 dB and only around 20% of the way.

Is my Kabinet broken??? I can get it to play loud again but have to max everything out, and I don't think that can be healthy for the Kabinet long term.

I'm hoping that it's a setting issue with the Profiler but I haven't been able to find anything. Would really appreciate some help as the Kabinet is pretty new, I've only had it for around a month, and I'm a student living off of student budget, so I spent pretty much all my money on this Kabinet and can't afford to buy a new one.

Thanks for your time :)

• First, reboot computer and restart the Kemper and check if all is okay.

You can do a "init globals" to reset the Kemper to factory settings if you messed something up. Press the System white button, and press the white button above the Init Globals tag on Page 1/18. Then you would just need to go and press the white buttom for Output, go to Page 10/10 and select Power Amp ON.

The Exit button always gets you out of any menu.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• BayouTexan , I restarted my computer and did what you said. I hadn't been playing for a couple hours before turning the Power Kab back on.

It's still not as loud as before :(

The only step I couldn't do was the last on you mentioned:

"Then you would just need to go and press the white buttom for Output, go to Page 10/10 and select Power Amp ON."

I only have 9/9 pages, and the 9/9 page is titled "Kemper Kone"

I hope it's not broken for whatever reason. I'd be a bit disappointed if the Power Kab is broken over such a silly mistake.

Edited 2 times, last by DACRAF01: added the @ (November 23, 2023 at 9:11 PM).

• Sorry, I over-looked you were using a "powered" Kabinet. I gave you Output setting for a passive kabinet. There is a simple switch to check either on or off to get the Powered Kabinet to go loud. I can't remember what but it is posted someone on these forums. Try checking or unchecking the Monitor Cab Off tab and/or the Bass Boost on Page 9 (Kemper Kone Page). You have to check the Kemper Kone tab too to use the Imprints.

Edited once, last by BayouTexan (November 23, 2023 at 9:55 PM).

• Okay, I found it.. read this thread...

jackk100
    March 8, 2022 at 4:43 AM

• Main Manual page 115/116 explains, how the PROFILER wattage protection works and who the KEMPER Power Kabinet should be used.

The PROFILER and 200 watts KEMPER Power Kabinet are a perfect match in terms of signal level and headroom, and the PROFILER’s soft-clipping algorithm is perfectly aligned with the Kabinet’s power amp. The Wattage Meter on the Kemper Kone page is perfectly calibrated to ensure the true values are always displayed. Furthermore, a wattage protection algorithm will automatically turn down Monitor Volume when 200 watts are exceeded, to protect the KEMPER Kone chassis from damage. For the perfect match, and to fully benefit from these amenities when playing loud, it’s best to leave the volume knob of your KEMPER Power Kabinet at maximum position and use the PROFILER’s Monitor Output Volume to control the levels instead. If you need to get even louder, you can still increase Power Amp Boost.

If you do not set the Kabinet’s volume knob to maximum, the soft-clipping and the protection circuit might chime in too early, and the Wattage Meter will show exaggerated values.

For relaxed “playing at home” levels however, it is fine to use the Power Kabinet’s volume to your liking. Just be sure to set the Monitor Output Volume of your PROFILER to a lower level, so that the Wattage Meter doesn’t exceed 50 or 100 watts and to prevent the protection circuit from kicking in.

If you lower the volume pot at the KEMPER Power Kabinet and then send a loud Aux In signal, the wattae protectionn might intervene and lower Monitor Output Volume.