Impedance question when using Kones

• Quick question to all the Kone users out there:

I recently bought a 2x12 cab and a stereo power amp pedal I intend to use with two Kones. Now, according to the Pedal's specifications it is for Cabs from 4-16 Ohms. So, from what I understand, it would be totally fine to use the 2x12 cab in stereo as each speaker would work independently (i.e. in parallel) with an impedance of 4 Ohm. What happens though, if I want to use the cab in mono? Wouldn't that mean that I would be running the rig with an impedance of 2 Ohm? And, if so, would that damage the poweramp and/or the speaker? And: are there any 2 Ohm poweramps at all? Most of the one's I've seen so far always have a minimum of 4 Ohm...

Btw. the poweramp pedal I intend using is the Custom Line Thunder 99 by Harley Benton

Thanks for any advice!

David

• Wiring and stereo/mono effect is not automatically linked.

You have your Profiler, you gonna plug into the Thuder 99 2 inputs and go to each speaker inputs.

If you want stereo or mono, just select it in profiler output section...Done, no problem with impedance....

There would have been a problem if you were wiring in serie and want to obtain stereo...