• It's been like 2 months since we had any rain. 109* in Dallas today. :cursing: My water bill for the new grass was $864 last month. :cursing: :cursing:

I originally wrote this tune back in 2019 when practicing drone lines with double stops, so I decided to put it up for this week's mix since it seemed fitting.

I still would like to be tighter on the drums and get a softer pick attack and smoother fingering for neck pickup leads. I truncated a verse and chorus to get to the lead quickly.

This one is same as before -- "less is more". No EQ on guitars just the Kemper flanger and delay on rhythm with Left dirty and Right clean. Bass has a small amount of distortion and mid boost EQ with some reverb. I did the tape drive on the Master again and did a slight "smiley face" cut on the Master mids.

I think I am learning.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

Edited once, last by BayouTexan (August 17, 2023 at 11:00 PM).

• You're getting a much louder sounding mix now and better balance which is good progress.

You could help your rhythmc tightness if you pick a drum pattern with 8th note hi-hat in there. This will give you a better guide than following the snare or kick. The high-hat is good to follow because it generally gives you the actual beats. Also putting that in there will up the urgency and energy.

• You're getting a much louder sounding mix now and better balance which is good progress.

You could help your rhythmc tightness if you pick a drum pattern with 8th note hi-hat in there. This will give you a better guide than following the snare or kick. The high-hat is good to follow because it generally gives you the actual beats. Also putting that in there will up the urgency and energy.

Thanks Per! You were right about me needing to attempt 1 mix per week. I'm learning much faster.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.