• For this week, I stuck with "less is more" again and did no EQing on bass and guitars. I used SD3 drummer this time to get a more interesting and lively drum track, but had to fatten and EQ the heck out of it to get it where I wanted it. So, I might keep going with SD3 from now on. I tried to keep each individual track crisp and independent from each other.

This is sort of a Jazzy-blues mix. It needed some Brass so I did my best with some free plugins on keys. I used a tape drive on the Master to soften and warm it all up.

Let me know what to adjust.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Nice, less really is more on the mix. The playing feels tighter as a result too though the bass could do with a little more prominence in the mids (not in the bass frequencies).

For things to work on - arrangement!

Continue to bring in more instruments and layers like you did with the brass. Always think about how you can reinforce the important parts of your track, the rhythm, the textures, width and narrowness. I'd also say don't forget to listen to the tracks you love and analyze how they created the sound that are on there, not just for individual instruments but the arrangement as a whole. All the parts together.

• Nice, less really is more on the mix. The playing feels tighter as a result too though the bass could do with a little more prominence in the mids (not in the bass frequencies).

For things to work on - arrangement!

Continue to bring in more instruments and layers like you did with the brass. Always think about how you can reinforce the important parts of your track, the rhythm, the textures, width and narrowness. I'd also say don't forget to listen to the tracks you love and analyze how they created the sound that are on there, not just for individual instruments but the arrangement as a whole. All the parts together.

Thanks Per! I was kind of back and forth on how much of the bass middle pickup to add with bridge.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• For this week, I stuck with "less is more" again and did no EQing on bass and guitars. I used SD3 drummer this time to get a more interesting and lively drum track, but had to fatten and EQ the heck out of it to get it where I wanted it. So, I might keep going with SD3 from now on. I tried to keep each individual track crisp and independent from each other.

This is sort of a Jazzy-blues mix. It needed some Brass so I did my best with some free plugins on keys. I used a tape drive on the Master to soften and warm it all up.

Let me know what to adjust.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Sounds fab BayouTexan clear as a bell and very tight