• Right before the deadline for this week. I first created the intro riff, and just played out the rest until I had the songs parts. This is about humanities escape from Ai. I used my TCE Helix phaser (for some high end shine) into the Friedman BE-OD and with a clean JTM profile with Single Delay for rhythm and lead.

I'm getting some artifacts on the high end most noticeable on my headphones. I believe it's coming from the drum track so I need to work on that. I played the bass with my fingers this time and concentrated on my attack to get the bass volume smooth across the song. I also narrowed bass high to low cuts to keep from muddying up the guitar and kick.

I cut the mids on the Master much more this time to remove some of the "boxiness" I was getting from the rhythm guitar. I probably could spend another 2 days just on that.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Boxiness can be a rabbit hole. You don't want to cut too much in pursuit of its removal because the mids is where basically all of the song sits, all of the audible notes. Once you hear it you will not be able to un-hear it no matter how much you remove and while you're doing that your'e destroying what you've got.

Sometimes it's just best to switch to a different profile and retract rather than trying to shape one that doesn't work harmonically in the track.

• Guitars sounds good for my ears 👂 Maybe I would choose a different snare sound, but that’s of course taste.

Thanks PETERFR ! I used MT Drumkit 2 and they only have one of each drum piece so I've been trying to shape that snare better with EQ adjustments. I have Superior Drummer 3, but so far, I find it very time consuming to get the right sounds out of it.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.