[Solved] How to send DAW output to desktop speakers? (Not interface monitors). Windows OS.

• Does anyone know how to send the DAW output to the computer's desktop speakers during playback? Bypassing the monitors.

Is there a plugin I could send the output to - to get to the computer's audio card?

Normally, I would "render" the mix and then playback via MS Media Player. I would like to be able to switch between my interface monitors and desktop computers during recording and before rendering.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• I want to be able to do it inside of the DAW by turning on/off a simple switch. Currently, I can go to my DAW Preferences/Audio and select DirectSound - Primary Sound Capture Device, but then I have to go back to Preferences to select ASIO for my interface to get output back to my monitors again. Seems like there is something more simple than that.

• I have no idea about your DAW or you audio interface but I use Reaper (win10) and a Behringer X32 (32 in-32 out).

I send the L/R output of Reaper to the X32 on 2 aux channels and send the aux to the monitor bus on the X32 and out to studio monitors. I don't use the computer sound card at all. I can pull up YouTube videos or any other audio/video media and they playback thru the X32 as long as the driver for the X32 is loaded and selected as the default output device.

You can send the output of Reaper to what ever options your interface provides.

I'm not sure what your trying to achieve, but open your DAW and look at the routing options.

"Faith don't need no second opinion"

• I have Reaper also. I'm trying to send Reaper output to my desktop speakers via output bus or plugin without having to go to Reaper Preferences and changing it back and forth from ASIO (Interface for monitors) to WASAPI (windows driver for desktop speakers). I was hoping to turn off and on a switch like you do when turning off and on a plugin.

• Doesn't quite do it the way I want.

The way I understand it is that I have 2 soundcards; one in the interface and one in the computer. I want the DAW to switch between both of them by only pressing one thing in DAW without opening multiple windows to do it (which I do now). I know someone across the internet has done this. I'll keep searching...

• Doesn't quite do it the way I want.

The way I understand it is that I have 2 soundcards; one in the interface and one in the computer. I want the DAW to switch between both of them by only pressing one thing in DAW without opening multiple windows to do it (which I do now). I know someone across the internet has done this. I'll keep searching...

A keyboard hotkey sounds like exactly what you want, but I hope you find what you're looking for and share it. :)

• I have a programmable keyboard. If worse comes to worse, I guess I can create a special macro to do it all, but I'm still looking for another solution. The drawback is you have to stop/pause playback in your DAW before changing drivers under Preferences.

I'm going to look into loading another ASIO and have those two instances running and then quickly swap one to the other. I had done this before by accident but was afraid it would cause conflicts. Something like this... https://gigperformer.com/how-to-use-a-s…ons-on-windows/

Edited 3 times, last by BayouTexan (March 15, 2023 at 4:50 AM).

• I came up with a solution by installing an A/B switch for the desktop speakers. (A) connects to the computer and (B) connects to the DAW interface.

• (A) position. When the DAW interface is OFF, my desktop speakers work as normal with the computers audio card.
    • (B) position. When the DAW interface is ON, my desktop speakers work as a second set of monitors connected to the line outs of the interface; Output 3-4. The computer output is automatically set for Output 3-4 (from taskbar speaker icon).

When I want to use studio monitors, I simply select Output 1-2 from the taskbar speaker icon. I can switch back and forth speaker sets during track playbacks without having to stop and restart "play" on the DAW.

Yeah!:)

I'm using this A/B selector and one 3.5mm stereo to TS /TS mono Y cable.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08F2VTFBN?…product_details