Guitar Lag from Abelton Live with Kemper how do I resolve this?

• Hi everyone,

I am unsure if my issue is from my Kemper's settings or my lack of knowledge of Abelton.

Basically, my issue is that there is a large lag between when I strum to when I hear it play through the monitors, and I can't seem to figure out how to solve it.

So if anyone knows what to do please advise me on the same ! For reference, I have attached images of my settings on both Abelton and the interface.

I am running a Kemper profiler into a focusrite scarlet 6i6. I have it connected to the interface through the direct output send of the Kemper into the Scarlet's 2nd input on the front.

My monitors are connected to the scarlet's outputs so I am running my Kemper > Interface > Monitor and I am using Abelton.

• Latency can be caused by many things. I doubt that the Kemper is the source of it. You can try adjusting your buffer size in Ableton. I am not familiar with Ableton to tell you where to look for that. Make sure your on the latest drivers for the focusrite. I would also recommend connecting to the focusrite using SPDIF. That way you are not converting to analog and back to digital. Less conversions will help with latency. It may take a little troubleshooting and testing to get it worked out.

• That buffer is to high. I have a Motu M4 using TS cables with Reaper at 48K @ 64 buffer. My recording latency is only 1 sample and less than 4ms round trip. Too low for me to bother to compensate.

Did you set the SPDIF clock speed to 44.1k in the Kemper Output settings (Page6/9) to match the ASIO setting?

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• I don't know the Scarlett, but it should be possible to directly listening to the Kemper from the soundcard instead of listening through Ableton.

To monitor through Ableton you have to go through the ASIO driver, and this brings you latency. In your case almost 25ms. Which is way to high.

Instead of the Asio4All driver, there should be a driver directly from Focusrite that could give you a lower latency.

To listen to the Kemper directly without going through Ableton (just don't activate the monitor button in Ableton when recording) there is something like "direct monitoring" you need to turn ON on the inputs where your Kemper is connected.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.