Which IEMs (budget level)

• I never used IEMs before, but after seeing the prices of these KZ's I'm interested.

I had a look on their website and it they have a lot of different models and I can't find the difference between their IEMs and their Earphones...

Can someone recommend a guide or review to get into the topic?

For Example the KZ AST. Is it an IEM or a phone headset? Not sure...

• Funny feel the opposite :)

I have some Shure se215's and I don't like them much. They are OK but I do think multi driver always sound better for IEM's.

There is no point if you are happy though :)

When I bought them 5 or 6 years ago, the choices were more limited. They’re far more durable than anything I’ve seen. I’ve watched others go through 3 or 4 sets of higher (and lower) end options.

My workflow in building sounds with the KPA translates well to not just my personal mix - but what the audience hears.

Are they the *best* sounding earphones? No. Of course not.

They are fairly flat in response, though and don’t mask issues with emphasized bass or treble. A rather ‘dry’ sound I can translate to FOH pretty doggone well.

Are custom designs worth 3, 4, 5 or even 10 times their cost? Nah. Not for my use, anyway.

• When I bought them 5 or 6 years ago, the choices were more limited. They’re far more durable than anything I’ve seen. I’ve watched others go through 3 or 4 sets of higher (and lower) end options.

My workflow in building sounds with the KPA translates well to not just my personal mix - but what the audience hears.

They are fairly flat in response, though and don’t mask issues with emphasized bass or treble. A rather ‘dry’ sound I can translate to FOH pretty doggone well.

Are custom designs worth 3, 4, 5 or even 10 times their cost? Nah. Not for my use, anyway.

These are listed as musician's monitors...

https://www.amazon.com/Balanced-Armat…B07G6PS2RG?th=1

https://www.amazon.com/KZ-Five-Driver…ics&sr=1-5&th=1

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• When I bought them 5 or 6 years ago, the choices were more limited. They’re far more durable than anything I’ve seen. I’ve watched others go through 3 or 4 sets of higher (and lower) end options.

Yeah, my point was there are some similar if not intermediate ones cost wise that to my ears are better.

I really get on well with the westones stuff - I use UM 30 pro's and they are about £300, so not crazy cost like custom designs.

Agree, you don't want over emphasized bass or treble, just accurate reproduction.

Its weird but I don;t like to use my IEM's as you can feel disconnected - but get the right mix and I then wonder how I live without them :)