Couple Questions regarding saving rig issue and also Delay strangeness! (Newb needs help.. too lazy to read 1000 threads) :)

• Folks,

I'm sure that I could read a bunch of threads on this, but I figured that some wise Kemper elder would have the answer off the top of there head.

Here is question / scenario 1:

I'm at latest beta version on the KPA and rig manager (I believe that it updated just a couple of days ago).

I copied an older Friedman BE100 rig from one of Tim Owens famous friedman profiles. I'm running it with CABs off and through my 2X12 Friedman V30 real cab. I made a copy of the original profile. I then tweaked then used rig manager to change the delay and reverb.. for Delay i went with the Tape single preset and tweaked to taste. I'm not sure what I did for reverb.

Anyway, I made all of my changes and saved the profile over itself. I notice that the saved profile sounds odd to me.. so I turn the KPA off and shutdown Rig Manager. I reboot the KPA and then start Rig Manager. Now when I load up the copy of the Tim Owens BE profile (my copy) now the delay and reverb are back the original that I started with. What could be up with that?

Second Question:

I went ahead and started my tweaking session over.. pretty much doing the same as above. Finally get my Tape Delay to my liking.. then I swear that the sound of the delay started sounding kind of fake compared to what it started as. In scenario one I used the same delay and had a killer setting.. but i lost it... So back to this one. I removed the Grit from the delay.. i set the MS at about 460, feedback at 30ish.. and mix/volume at almost 50%. I removed Grit and also reduced flutter and jitter down to low values. The delay started sounding (this will sound stupid) but it sounded too wishy washy. But in a digital way. I also noticed this on some of MBrits profiles when I got the KPA a couple weeks ago.

With only using a tape delay and the legacy reverb is it possible that the Kemper is running out of memory???

By the way.. if any of you have a great delay and reverb preset made for killer 80's lead tones I'd appreciate you sharing the settings or giving me the preset.

Your help is much appreciated, Rshred1

• Dinner time in the USA ;)

1. Where did you Store the Rig? If you Store a Rig using the buttons on your Profiler (and, not in Rig Manager), you will find it in your Profiler.

2. I've built many, many rigs with all eight effects slots filled, and have never run out of memory. You may not like the sound of the Tape delay with lower settings for those parameters.

• I find delays tricky. If playing Rock music at fairly quick tempos then the single and dual delays work best for me. Keep it simple. If I was playing more melodic instrumental music then you can use the other delays to add atmosphere and ambience.

That's pretty much how I set up my delays.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• you’re good! I’ve owned Kemper since last June and I’m too lazy to learn how to program it. I use my Stage purely as a sound module and control it from Rig Manager via my MacBook Pro. If my MacBook ever goes down, I’ll have to bypass the Kemper and play clean cause I have no idea how to program it except the two knobs...gain and volume. Lol...I’m having a great time playing it tho!