Is it possible to use the effect switches to toggle between fx1, fx2, and off?

• Hi,

I'm setting up some performance patches on my new kemper. It's a lot of fun!

I'm struggling with one thing though - I want to assign chorus and phaser to a single effects switch, in toggle mode (Since I will never use those 2 effects together). However, I don't want one of the effects to always be on. Is it possible to set it up so that if I click the switch a 3rd time, both effects will be off? I also want to be able to toggle between 2 different delays that I have in the effects section, however I don't want to always have a delay on.

If I was to assign phaser, chorus, and the 2 delays to their own individual effects switch, I would have none left for my other effects!

I've had a look through the manual but unfortunately I couldn't find any mention of this - only how to make it toggle between 2 effects.

Thanks!

• @PulseFour, the way I have worked around this in the past (I may go back to it at some point, but I find setting up performances to my specs to be very tedious even with Rigmanager) is something like this:

First, as per the Reference Manual, make sure you have the 'current slot' parameter set in the 'Performance Load' setting:

Depending on the status of the parameter "Performance Load" in the System Settings, the Profiler will either load Slot 1 or current Slot of the selected Performance immediately, or wait (“Pending”) until you hit one of the five Rig buttons.

Then you can set up something that might resemble something like this in Performance Mode:

Slot 1 Slot 2 Slot 3 Slot 4 Slot 5
    Performance A Chorus or Flange
    Base Rig 1

Clean
    Chorus or Flange
    Base Rig 2
    Chorus or Flange
    Base Rig 3

Mid-gain
    Chorus or Flange
    Base Rig 4
    Chorus or Flange
    Base Rig 5

High(est) Gain
    Performance B
    (no effects)
    Base Rig 1

Clean
    Base Rig 2 Base Rig 3

Mid-gain
    Base Rig 4 Base Rig 5

High(est) Gain
    Performance C Chorus or Phase
    Base Rig 1

Clean
    Chorus or Phase
    Base Rig 2
    Chorus or Phase
    Base Rig 3

Mid-gain
    Chorus or Phase
    Base Rig 4
    Chorus or Phase
    Base Rig 5

High(est) Gain

You can obviously have different variables for the rigs or effects, but the point is that Performance B is your base 'no effects' rig. If you then want to 'turn on' the option of Chorus or Flange, you just 'step up' to performance A. If you want to turn on the option for Chorus or Phase, you 'step down' to performance C.

Its actually quite powerful in the final result - I have three performances based on M Britt 65 AC30 set up on this fashion. Its just a pain in the ass to accomplish from scratch though.

• Another possibility is this:
    1. Assign two effects under one footswitch. I.e. chorus (MOD slot) and flanger (X slot), in footswitch III.
    2. One of these two effects must be active, i.e. chorus on and flanger off.
    3. Now when you press footswitch III, the effects will toggle between chorus and flanger.
    4. But now the Off mode!! At this point use the morph function:
    - Let's say you're now in patch 3, non-morph mode. Now set the effectslevel of the chorus to 0 and effectslevel flanger 0 too.
    - Push patch 3 again, it will go to morph mode. Now set the effectslevel of the chorus to i.e. 100 and the flanger as well.
    In this case footswitch patch 3 will determine the "on/ of status" of footswitch effect III, and footswitch effect III will toggle between chorus and flanger.