Accidentally deleted one of the effects that came with the kemper!

• I was scrolling through my effects for one of my rigs and I wanted to remove the effect from that particular rig so I pressed the "delete" button and it deleted the effect entirely from the Kemper! :S

How can I get the effect back? It is one of the effects that came with the kemper. Would I need to do a factory reset, or is there an easier way?

• I was scrolling through my effects for one of my rigs and I wanted to remove the effect from that particular rig so I pressed the "delete" button and it deleted the effect entirely from the Kemper! :S

How can I get the effect back? It is one of the effects that came with the kemper. Would I need to do a factory reset, or is there an easier way?

As long as you didn't save (Store) that particular Rig, then you are fine. Just select another Rig, and then return to the original Rig you are worried about, and the Effect should be restored.

Again, you can only "delete" an effect that is part of a Rig, if you hit "Store" or "Store As", and then save it under a new name.

Cheers,
    John

• You can delete effects settings from a rig - you cannot delete the actual effect from the KPA.

To recover the effects setting you want:

1) Reload an older version of your Rig, using the last Backup file you created - you can do that in Rig Manager by inserting the USB into your computer.

Or,

2) reload the Factory Rig (from the Factory Rigs Pack) that contained the effect using Rig Manager.

• You can delete effects settings from a rig - you cannot delete the actual effect from the KPA.

To recover the effects setting you want:

1) Reload an older version of your Rig, using the last Backup file you created - you can do that in Rig Manager by inserting the USB into your computer.

Or,

2) reload the Factory Rig (from the Factory Rigs Pack) that contained the effect using Rig Manager.

Hi Paul,

Not sure if you read my prior post carefully. How is it possible to "delete" an effect from any RIG, unless you make a secondary, ACTIVE action of "Saving" / "Storing" that Rig...either by storing as same name (copying over) or storing under a new name?? It is my understanding that you cannot.

I was careful in answering the OP, to make this point clear. If, in fact, he accidentally "STORED" the RIG that he had edited (deleted an effect), then, yes, you would have to follow the procedure you described in order to restore the original Rig.

• If you know the name of the preset, someone here can give you the settings and you can recreate this preset, if you need it.

The effects are chosen via the type knob, with browse, you can choose presets.
    You can delete presets, but you cannot delete effects.

• You guys are right! I accidentally deleted an effect preset, but not saving the rig looks like it restores it when you go back... Thank you so much! Sorry for the panic! :thumbup: