Problem with midi pedalboard Liquid Foot and Kemper

• Good day,
    i'm a new user and i have encounter a problem setting my Liquid Foot Pro with Kemper.. After i set properly the pedalboard (i'm not novice with midi) kemper receives midi pc and midi cc so i can change program and activate/deactivete stomps, x, mod, delay and reverb. I follow the reference chart and i repeat, all seems set correctly.
    I can push every buttons (one by one) on the pedalboard and the module goes on or off.
    The problem is when i change the preset on the pedalboard and sometimes the associated modules will be activate and sometimes flashes only for one moment then come back off.
    Again, if i push for the first time the preset on pedalboard all goes on but if i push a second time all goes off, sometimes when i push the preset for the first time and no one modules will activate i have to push the same botton on the pedalboartd 1-2-3-4 time before they will activate

I hope you understand my bad english, i need help, i have two weeks then i will start again with gigs and i'm going desperate ;(

i will try to make a video soon
    thanks, cheers

• i recorded a video of the problem, here the link https://www.dropbox.com/s/v9s2zxt2pnkszmv/IMG_9426.MOV?dl=0

Description:
    i press the preset one but no one modules goes on, only at the 3rd pressing they go activate,
    then i go on the 2nd preset and all goes on correctly,
    at the end i go on the 3rd preset and at the first time nothing goes on but at the 2nd press the modules selected is activated.

specification: i'm working on browse mode.

IMPORTANT: I have tried also with a Rocktron All Access and the problem is the same!

Edited 2 times, last by MUSEMATT (February 14, 2017 at 12:01 AM).

• It's not clear
    - what is the real default state of a Rig as stored in the Profiler (e. g. Stomp A/B/C off, Stomp D on, Stomp X off, Stomp MOD on, Delay on, Reverb on)
    - what comands are you exactly sending, when you hit a button (e. g. MIDI program change followed by control changes #17 value 1, #18 value 0....
    - is your Liquid Food connected to use bi-directional protocol (two MIDI cables) or just one-way?
    - which Profiler OS is installed.

• Hi Burkhard,
    thanks for the kind answer

- the real default state of the Rig as stored in the Profiler is all OFF (e. g. Stomp A/B/C/D off, X off, MOD off, Delay off, Reverb off)
    - various MIDI PC and CC (I follow the reference chart) to control Stomp A/B/C/D , X, MOD, Delay, Reverb followed by control changes value 1 or value 0 for the state on or off
    for example: pc 18 + cc 17(0) + cc 18(0) + cc 19(0) + cc 20(1) + cc 22 (1) + cc 24(0) + cc 27(1) + cc 29(1)
    i have to tell the 0 value when off and 1 when on because i can ativate/deactivate via cc when i want

- Just one way midi cable naturally from pedalboard midi out to kemper midi in
    - version 5.0.3.12660

I tried with another pedalboard (Rocktron All Access) and the result is the same! ;(
    here the video https://www.dropbox.com/s/iiohobbizbe3wyg/IMG_9442.MOV?dl=0

I add attached printscreen too for better explain

• I have reproduced that scenario under 5.0.3 Public Beta and 5.1.1 Public Beta. One Program Change followed by 8 Control Changes send from a MIDI-File and that works flawlessly here.

I cannot dig deep into your Liquid Foot editor software. However, a few questions:

You have configured a receiving MIDI channel 2 and ticked Allow MIDI Thru. Are there other devices involved, which could be sending commands or reflecting commands? What if there is only one MIDI connection between the Liquid Foot and the Profiler?

You have not ticked the boxes for Block Global IA. Could there be a conflict of preset-specific and global IAs assigned to the same controllers?

This might be stupid question. But on those last two pages, why is the switch two times indicated as green regardless of its value 0 or 1?

Either another Liquid Foot user can help or you could plug a MIDI USB interface between your foot controller and Profiler and use a freeware like MIDI OX to monitor, what is really being sent.

• Hi @Burkhard

Same kind of problem here...

I'm also always working in the browse mode and it seems that when I recall a preset the preset as stored in the KPA will appear.
    If I make changes on my floorboard let's say I program a delay and store it (on the floorboard) it will appear in the KPA.
    When I go to another preset and go back to the first preset the delay flashes and disappear or doesn't work at all.
    When I push the preset button on the floorboard twice the delay as programmed on the FB appears.
    All stomps have this problem.
    So it seems the KPA only recalls KPA stored presets...in other words the floorboard isn't the leading unit anymore, KPA stored presets rules..
    I have 2 floorboards, both have the same problem

It looks like the KPA receives the program change and ignores the CC command from the floorboard.
    This problem appeared in firmware 4 I think...before that everything was working fine.

If needed I can illustate the problem with a video.
    Thanks for your answer !!

• It looks like the KPA receives the program change and ignores the CC command from the floorboard.
    This problem appeared in firmware 4 I think...before that everything was working fine.

Same problem I reported here, back in Oct 2016.
    Because of this I'm stuck with OS 4.0.6.12421, last version to work correctly with my Rocktron All Access.
    It seems that the PC, despite it's sent before the CCs, sometimes gets executed last, thus loading the rig in its saved state (all stomps off in my case) voiding any effect of the CCs.
    Glad I'm not alone desperately crying for help anymore. :) I'd really love to finally be able to enjoy the new delays...

• Yes, I'm very curious too !!!
    A couple of weeks ago I've send a ticket to describe this issue. This issue was known and Kemper was working on it but nothing has happened till now..
    It drives me pretty crazy on stage. I have delays active where I don't want them and they don't work when I want them to work.
    To be clear, I'm talking about preset changing here.