Annoying frequency on ALL (???) amps physical/digital SOLVED!!!! (sort of, at least)

• Yes I understand, could be his phone or something else like a car key

Well you can ignore this theory because I 90% of my time keep my phone far away from my homestudio to AVOID interference...

Yeah Daniel, but this issue is only when Cederick plays...

No, it's not only when I play, it's when others play as well, why would it only be me? It's not like I have some noisy frequency "in my fingers"...

• I had the same dilemma long time ago and I found the common denominator with my tube\solidstate\digital\modelling amp high gain setup was the "noise gate" and my picking style.

It took a lot of tweaking and adjusting my picking technique, I found the balance for the gain and gate threshold that suits the tone I'm after and that works with my picking style, then the annoying frequency went away.

• I had the same dilemma long time ago and I found the common denominator with my tube\solidstate\digital\modelling amp high gain setup was the "noise gate" and my picking style.

It took a lot of tweaking and adjusting my picking technique, I found the balance for the gain and gate threshold that suits the tone I'm after and that works with my picking style, then the annoying frequency went away

How exactly does picking style affect sustained noise? :rolleyes:

I'm not sure you have understood the issue...

Also, this has nothing to do with noise gate.

• I mostly play metal, used to go crazy with the gain knob so to compensate I also max the noise gate to maintain the tightness.

But there are still some frequencies that bleeds even after the gate closes and EQ'ng it to death didn't fix the issue for me.

Adjusting my playing style and amp setup worked for me. Hope you find what works for you. Goodluck :thumbup:

• I mostly play metal, used to go crazy with the gain knob so to compensate I also max the noise gate to maintain the tightness.

But there are still some frequencies that bleeds even after the gate closes and EQ'ng it to death didn't fix the issue for me.

Adjusting my playing style and amp setup worked for me. Hope you find what works for you. Goodluck :thumbup:

Yeah I dont use lots of gain either

Noise gate doesn't help, as I said.

I still dont see how this issue is caused by picking technique. Did you even listen to the clips?

It has nothing to do with picking techniqie.

• And what "me"? I know some people belive die hard in "tone in the fingers" but if thats what you mean it's ridicolous.

You can't be seriously considering this is me personally who makes the amps sound this way?

you'll get a warning point for that. there is no need to get rude. people here are trying to help you, there is no need to jump on them.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• I'm perhaps a bit late but I'll try all the same. And I can understand the it drives you crazy.
    To me it sounds a bit like the noise a resonator guitar does more or less hidden in the sound. I hear that well on clip 1 and 3 and a bit less on the other too. Not so clear on the band recording. But I can hear and identify some maybe unwanted noise..
    So it is not: the room, the guitars, the cable, the amps, the power, the mics or the interface.
    I doubt the a playing habit could force such a noise. You'd have to wear handcuffs or something metal like while playing to make such noise. And I doubt you wear something that rattling all the time.
    So last thing I can think of is a plec. Sounds strange, even to me, but everything else ist out, right? What kind are you using?
    There might be something we miss but it has to be a very extraordinary thing.

• So to summarise your points, @Cederick

- You can hear the noise in all the amps you've tried
    - Both Kemper and real amps - and I assume not only mic'ed amps, but also simply listening to the cab
    - You hear it with all guitars (including experimenting with pickup heights)
    - You hear it in plugins
    - You hear it on amps not even connected to the power grid
    - Other people hear it too

Putting all the above points together gives inescapable conclusion here is that this is simply the nature of the beast - how guitars plugged into amps sound.

So what you're really asking is: How do you get rid of it in your recorded guitar tracks, so it sounds more like what you hear in that youtube video?

• @Cederick

The answer is: High Pass filter at 200hz or 250hz

If you say it exists on every amp and it's somewhere below 200 or 250 hz but i't s not in the recordings of the albums you listed, the answer is very simple,

Guitar tracks in a mix are almost always filtered using sometimes even up to 400-500 hz cut-of where anything below these frequencies are filtered out sometime with steep curves HPF.

• You didn't understand what I was talking about... ?(

The youtube video with Running Wild is an example where that noise is audiable... :rolleyes:
    Thats a bad thing, read my text again, you misunderstood :rolleyes:

Read and understand before assuming stuff (that happened a lot last time.. and seems to happen now too)

The noise sounds like this on most amps, and I can hear it on the Running Wild link:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I'm perhaps a bit late but I'll try all the same. And I can understand the it drives you crazy.
    To me it sounds a bit like the noise a resonator guitar does more or less hidden in the sound. I hear that well on clip 1 and 3 and a bit less on the other too. Not so clear on the band recording. But I can hear and identify some maybe unwanted noise..
    So it is not: the room, the guitars, the cable, the amps, the power, the mics or the interface.
    I doubt the a playing habit could force such a noise. You'd have to wear handcuffs or something metal like while playing to make such noise. And I doubt you wear something that rattling all the time.
    So last thing I can think of is a plec. Sounds strange, even to me, but everything else ist out, right? What kind are you using?
    There might be something we miss but it has to be a very extraordinary thing.

You actually seem to understand the issue a little more than others in the thread. Applauds :thumbup:

But no, plec/pick has nothing to do with this.

@Cederick

The answer is: High Pass filter at 200hz or 250hz

If you say it exists on every amp and it's somewhere below 200 or 250 hz but i't s not in the recordings of the albums you listed, the answer is very simple,

Guitar tracks in a mix are almost always filtered using sometimes even up to 400-500 hz cut-of where anything below these frequencies are filtered out sometime with steep curves HPF.

Are you kidding? I've never heard of a metal mix with guitars highpassed to 400hz.

Maybe you specifically mean Nitro with Michael Angelo Sasso but that is the thinnest metal album I've ever heard

This is the sound I'm talking about:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Did you try the free demo of the plugin?? I know debating with everyone here is fun but I actually gave you something that might fix your issue.

I have bought Positive Grid Bias Amp