Single Thread for Everything, or Individual Threads?

• @G String
    I totally understand your way of structuring the vendors thread: Only one thread for a seller! So it's easier to find it for the user and the seller can still modify the title if needed( for sale or anything else) Good idea!
    BUT what I don't understand why you forbid Caps and exclamation but still some sellers can show his?! You also deleted my title saying: "for the price of a coffee" (which is a very cool slogan) but it's obviously not a certain price because everyone has a difference idea of what a coffe would cost! So why do you make a difference here?!
    btw if you cut all these possibilities like slogans, caps etc we sellers gonna loose new customers for sure :(

• btw if you cut all these possibilities like slogans, caps etc we sellers gonna loose new customers for sure

I think purpose of this forum is not to grow business of commercial sellers. Guido, your 3 lines long thread titles were one of the triggers of this initiative. Caps are considered shouting according to netiquette. I doubt you want to shout at your potential customers. Look at your signature, it's pure advertisement banner. Moderators deleted coffee from your thread title and it jumped immediately to your signature. I know I can disable signatures, but why should I? I want to see others' non-ads signatures. Guido, don't you think that this kind of advertising is somehow over the top? And trust me, I have nothing against you, only you choose the wrong way of spreading the news. And I think you could make it better the other way. I remember your first profile pack, the JSX, the sound sample was the best ad possible for your profiles. I remember I listened to it few times. You are solid guitar player and you can let your skills speak for yourself. If your profiles are good the rest of marketing will be done free of charge by the community. ;) Trust me, you don't need that aggressive hype marketing. Really. :) Peace.

• but that's exactly the way it is set up now (since today):

- Third party Rigs discussion
    Discuss commercial offerings here

- Commercial Announcements
    News and announcements from third party rig collection authors. Do not discuss competitive product here.

yeah that's great and I got that!

I'm not 100% sure if that little line below the link will be effective in avoiding discussion within those threads though

• @Peto
    Thx for your compliment about my playing! I really appreciate it! :)
    but believe me ONE of the main reason to be a successful seller wasn't only my playing but the the ( I call it great idea) of my marketing slogan " for the price of a coffee"(you call it aggressive hype marketing). Maybe you're right to call it like this, who knows but at the end: people bought our profiles because they ALL werefascinated about our great profile quality for just a low price ! Thx to the great Kemper!
    we got over 1000 customers and absolutely ALLl like the profiles! We're ate absolutely overwhelmedi about this!
    and if the people like our profiles so much at the end more people will buy a kemper! I think you also would like this! :D so please forgive my aggressive marketing but it works for all of us (sometimes) and everybody is happy! So what's wrong about this? :) it's all about marketing!
    btw I deleted all caps and exclamation! :)

• I'm not going to read through all of this but, if your profiles are good ( GREAT) the cream will rise to the top, and you will be talked about. It's as simple as that. Loud marketing does nothing... If your good, it will shine through, like it has time and time again here..

• and if the people like or profiles so much at the end more people will buy a kemper! I think you also would like this! so please forgive my aggressive marketing but it works for all of us (sometimes)

I don't care how many people buy KPA. It's Kemper's task to sell their product, they have profit from that. I understand that this kind of loud marketing works for you, but please understand that it may be annoying in a way to some of forum users who really don't care about commercial profiles anymore, but still are forced to read all those ads. And I feel that we have right not to be annoyed by someone's business effort. Forgive me, but the more I think about this, the more I feel that Unread posts from Commercial subforum should be optional.

• I don't care how many people buy KPA. It's Kemper's task to sell their product, they have profit from that. I understand that this kind of loud marketing works for you, but please understand that it may be annoying in a way to some of forum users who really don't care about commercial profiles anymore, but still are forced to read all those ads. And I feel that we have right not to be annoyed by someone's business effort. Forgive me, but the more I think about this, the more I feel that Unread posts from Commercial subforum should be optional.

For me, I have to say that "loud marketing" is putting me off significantly more than turning me on. It's to the point where I won't even OPEN a thread that reeks of this stuff.

• @Peto
    I thought you're working for Kemper, sorry! :)
    i only posted in the commercial forum in the past, this is what it is made for so why shouldn't I post my ads there? I don't get it???
    i understand that some usersdont like these ads but the the majority likes it because they bought the profiles! :)
    just look how many posts are in my thread! All from people who loves it! :)

• i only posted in the commercial forum in the past, this is what it is made for so why shouldn't I post my ads there? I don't get it???

Yeah you are right, you post only in Commercial section, so I am sorry about my comment on your signature. It's perfectly OK if it shows only in the commercial section.
    What upsets me more are ads and bumps showing in the Unread list. But this should be solved by moderators rather than sellers.

• Guido, if I think about what made you stand out above the clutter for me and open my wallet, it's definitely not the loud marketing (more in spite of it), but more (1) your obvious experience (with many other commercial profilers, that point is not always clear and fair or not, I have this image of more hobbyist than seasoned pro), and (2) good product talking for itself (clips and user reviews) and last but not least (3) great price that makes you say "what the heck, why not?

For me to get interested in newbie commercial profilers, especially point 1 is important now. That's also why Bert Meulendijk immediately made a big splash IMO, while you see others trying and trying but not getting traction.

Anyway, really glad to see you got more than 1,000 customers as I think you deserve it.

• Guido my comment wasn't to you for what it's worth... Yes I would consider you "loud", but your profiles back it up to a ton of a people. It's just the way it is.... Also, Bert wasn't loud by any means, and he is killing it because his profiles are like when Michael Britt came out to a lot of people: his profiles speak for themselves. That's all I was saying. Many "loud" guys stuff is pure garbage...but hey, it's s free market: I guess ...

• Thx for your compliment! :)
    but you also have to see from a sellers view: if a new user (or customer)read something like this:
    >>> BIG SALE<<< for the price of a coffee - Martial, PVY etc etc THE BEST AMP PROFILES!!!! NEW AMP AVAILABLE: lemon Rockaverb

or just
    Martial, PVY wtc (The best amp profiles)

What do you think most people would read first?
    of course the first one! It's obviously because everyone wants to save money for a good quality ' :)

i temember when when I came up with this great slogan AND the low price people immediately started to make a runto omy shop!For weeks!!!
    but now with this c cutted possibilityies it's getting harder to get new customers

• A I said before: try to see it from the sellers point of view and you would understand why slogans (or "aggressive " marketing) are so important to get the business running I'm not speaking about to kill other vendors( I know a few of them personally and we have a nice contact and shared our own profiles BTW) I'm speaking only about to get more attention! :)

this new business is now a big part of my monthly income beside Beeing a musician! So marketing is really important part of it!

• I do understand it from the sellers point of view. But I will go out on a limb here and say, I think most of us who view the commercial forum, anytime a new seller comes a long/new post, I will end up reading it: regardless of the post title and how big it is. It's just the nature of the kemper and the beauty of it: there's always something "new". Couple that logic with adding sound clips of your profiles, and then revert back to what I said, the cream will always rise to the top and the word will get out :) I'm willing to bet most people here do exactly what I do in that regard: if there is a brand new seller, I am going to atleast LOOK at the post, and the go from there.

• I know what you mean BUT before someone would listen to the samples he sees the title of the thread. If it says something boring like just Martial, Soldariu, Bognar XTC etc and nothing more, He probably wouldn't go inside the thread but he would be more interested if it says something like, BIG Sale for a limited time, for price of a coffee, etc. It's always about marketing :) it works like this mostly of course combined with good quality!
    just think about why Apple is one of the biggest companies: because they combine big marketing with great quality! :)
    but I don't have the money to sta rt million dollar compaign! :D

and last but not least The Kemper is rselling so great because people like we are making great profiles :)

so so I don't really understand why they start to cut our possibilities here :(

• just think about why Apple is one of the biggest companies: because they combine big marketing with great quality! :)

That´s it exactly. Even though Apple does great products it´s their marketing strategies and all the little psychological tricks they pull off that makes them so highly unsympathetic to many people and i would never in my life buy anything from them.