Matchless / Ceriatone DZ 30 ..... CH 1 ... & ... CH 2 ..... Amp and Cab 3.0.1 Profiles ..... Rode NT2A ......

• Hi all !

All same settings / set up as the SM57 Profiles here:-

http://www.kemper-amps.com/forum/index.ph…3485#post213485

Now also Profliled with a Rode NT2A Condensor Mic :)

These 2 profiles were done with the exact same everything as the SM57 setup except that now I used a Rode NT2A condenser.

Both the SM57 and Rode NT2A are *great* mic's - the Rode NT2A is however cleaner, flatter and has a broader fuller range - on loud rock guitar cabs, the Rode NT2A doesn't have the traditional SM "honky-ness" in the midrange.

Not saying the Rode NT2A is better or worse - its just a bit different - if you thought the SM57 profiles were a bit too " mid-rangey " you will love the RodeNT2A versions ......but again, its purely personal preference.

Please note:- To keep these NT2A profiles as close to possible and real [ when compared to the real amp ] I did not run the NT2A through another Mixer Pre just to 48v phantom power it - rather I used an external stand-alone 48v phantom power supply - so the NT2A was kept as neutral as possible before it hit the Kemper

Just go to the Rig Exchange and search for " DZ CH " you will find:- DZ CH 1 RODE NT2A and DZ CH 2 RODE NT2A .

The Wah is ByPass at stop and the Pure Flat Boost was added purely for volume level matching purposes.

The EQ is a mid-boost to " rock-it-up " when/if needed

To my ears, these Rode NT2A versions are -even better- for those of you using " Cab OFF " with a real Cab.

Hope some of you find them useful.

Ben

• I tried both profiles.
    good tone!! especially,crunch sound is awesome for my ears :)
    Thank you very much for posting them.

Hey - really glad you like them.

I realize its purely personal preference, but with your real cab, do you prefer the SM 57 'vs' Rode NT2A " clean " (?) do you prefer the SM 57 'vs' Rode "crunch " (?)

I prefer the Rode and then go to the SM57 and think I prefer that one again :)

Ben

• I am really happy you managed to profile your baby ;)

Thanks djemass !!!!!

I was doing some A/B/C comparisons at gig volume just before and honestly, the SM 57 profiles are probably about %90 of the real amp sound .....not surprisingly, the flatter/wider-response RodeNT2A is just a bit better still - *almost* indistinguishable from the real amp ..... in fact in a live band gig environment, there is no way you could tell them apart.

Once I can Direct profile it with a working FW, "singularity " will be achieved :)