Rig Switching via Midi from Ableton/Mainstage - Limitations, Rig Switching Time, etc.

• Questions about rig switching. Is it possible to connect the Kemper to Ableton or Mainstage and have the presets and fx switch automatically responding to midi commands on a timeline/backing track?

How is the rig switching time currently? I read there used to be some issues. Is there seamless switching between different amp and fx combinations (i.e. a marshall with delay and overdrive, switching to a fender with reverb and tremolo, switching to something else with something else, etc.)

• Yes, this is possible. There are users who do this.

There is seamless switching when FX are turned on/off within a rig. Switching Rigs is seamless, as long as you are not sustaining a note or chord ( Sending MIDI Program Changes when a note or chord across is sustaining does not work very well with any MIDI controlled audio device)

Rig switching time specifics will come from the users who have MIDI controlled live shows. They are more than fast enough for me to manually change live. Needless to say, you can adjust the timing of the PC changes in Ableton to make the sound change happen exactly where you need it.