First two shows with my new Kemper Rack.

• Hi there.

I have just recently received my Kemper Rack and I'm really happy with it so far. I didn't have a whole lot of time to really dial in tones but really wanted to use it live as soon as possible. Last weekend I was playing two open air festivals and 2 hours before we met to pack up the van, I just went into our room to put the Kemper into my live rig and tweak it real quick. So I hooked it up to the FX return of a 5150 and 4x12 cab, tweaked for about an hour and it sounded great.

[Blocked Image: http://distilleryimage11.ak.instagram.com/1986268e0bed11e3b82c22000a1fbca3_7.jpg]

I used the same setup live but didn't mic up the cab - I just used it for stage monitoring. I used the main out XLRs to go into the board directly and it sounded great through the stage monitor wedges and according to the FOH guy it also sounded great outside. My old setup was a POD X3 Live into the 5150 and while it sounded great through the amp, it always sounded really shrill and harsh through the DI outs and monitor wedges on stage. I've been using Line6 heads etc. for about 10 years and it took me a while to really make them sound great, but with the Kemper it practically took an hour and it was ready to go and I was sounding better than ever.

Long story short, the Kemper is a great unit. I can't wait to tweak even more, I'm sure the results will be nothing short of amazing. I'm also thinking of going the FRFR wedge route in the future, in addition to the amp/cab in the back. I have heard nothing but great things about those.

• Hi! my experience is quite the same. I used high end tube amps, but I don´t want to use them still on stage. They are heavy and now very rare - my treasures ;) I was almost satisfied with my Digitech 2101 tube preamp plus fx. Also line6 was "ok". Live on stage the Axe Fx was to complicated. Also the sound wasn´t really better then the Line6 HD series.
    The Kemper changed the game ;)
    BUT - I still use tube amps now, because I can´t find a good sounding monitor yet. Any recommendings??? Thanks -)

• Hi! my experience is quite the same. I used high end tube amps, but I don´t want to use them still on stage. They are heavy and now very rare - my treasures ;) I was almost satisfied with my Digitech 2101 tube preamp plus fx. Also line6 was "ok". Live on stage the Axe Fx was to complicated. Also the sound wasn´t really better then the Line6 HD series.
    The Kemper changed the game ;)
    BUT - I still use tube amps now, because I can´t find a good sounding monitor yet. Any recommendings??? Thanks -)

YAMAHA DXR10!!!!!!!!!!!! I have 2 and love them

• Welcome Simon!! I am still amazed every time I think of all of us tube heads that love this little wonder-box.
    BIG +1 on the DXR-10's!!
    I run the following set up on medium and big stages not that I need the volume
    (Don't think for a minute that these DXR's won't rip your head off.... 8o They will!!!)

I send my Kempers stereo outs to 2 DXR-10's at my feet angled at back at me from each corner of my SKB PS-45 that's loaded with the KPA FCB 1010. Then I have of course a normal vocal monitor splitting that straight in out front of me.
    Then behind me in the bottom of my rack I send the Kempers monitor out to the return of a Mustang 3 V1
    you wanna talk about surround sound awesome stereo lushness hear me everywhere.... :love:
    I take the thru of the DXR's to the FOH and sound techs have been lovin me ever since and beggin the other guitarist to save his coins for a Kemper!! 8)

• Hahaha, sixtycycle, what an awesome overkill setup. :D
    I really like that.

• :D HAHA I know but... Man does it sound soooo cool 8) . BESIDES Ingolf, Your demo and Zap's accolades are to blame for the Mustang 3 part ;) :thumbup:   :rolleyes: LOL!!!
    I still can't believe that little amp sounds that good for the "behind me amp feel". 8o