Posts by o0NAC0o

I have that too, from time to time, even thought not as bad as you descripe it.

Last time when i had a bit of a "kemper-down", a friend had bought a hotone ampero and i helped him with installation and making some rigs, when i got home i switched the kemper on... and it sounded soooo damn good again !

So, find a friend with an ampero! ;)

For me, I would get the message if I started editing a profile in the RIG EXCHANGE. Now I save it to the profiler and then start editing it. I think the error came after editing then saving the edited copy to the profiler. I cant recall exactly and the Kemper is behind me when I am editing so I dont notice the error screen right away.

Good to know!

Another thing to look at is sometimes it takes a few seconds for RM to complete the task you are asking it to do. So wait for the BUSY animations to stop before clicking stuff. Like saying DUPLICATE or STORE may take a second or two.

I can confirm this!

Another thing i figured out is: When you are searching for something in rig exchange/local-folder, and you type something in the serach field and then copy/paste some of the results into another folder, the loading-circle wont go away.

Clearing the search field before paste, avoids that issue for me.

Probably the upper screen, i think the 2nd one i had only once (and maybe it was some completly other issue, since i cant remember exactly what happend before that came up).

If it happens everytime you use RM, i would try a new/better USB cable first. Mine is pretty old and cheap too, but it didnt bother me enough to buy a new one yet :P

Also, for more info: I am using windows, so its not a mac only thing.

Anyway, good luck! And let me know if you figure out a solution!

That sounds familiar to me..

- KPA freezes, i am still able to switch rigs in RM but KPA stays on the rig when it was freezing.. (fix = restart KPA)

- RM freezes, KPA dosent (fix = restart RM)

- Kemper stops working and shows this:

or this:

or i get the clock error message (sorry dont have a pic of that).

Then i have to restart the KPA, and all works fine again.

But i never had a "contact kemper support" popping up in RM.

Neither just the lock ups in RM freezing (if i understood that right?)

I am not sure, but i have the feeling that this happens mainly when i am clicking " fast" through the rigs.

~2 Years ago, i wrote an email to the support team, and we tried everything to figure out what causes this errors, unfortunatley with no success..

Also, i have to say this errors appear very rarely (sometimes twice a week but then nothing for 2-3 month, with daily use of my Kemper)... atleast in my case.

Sorry for not beeing helpful.. just wanted to tell you: you are not alone ;)

Oh! You should update! Else you missing alot of features!

Download the latest OS for the KPA here: https://www.kemper-amps.com/downloads/6/Op…-System-Updates

Unzip the folder and put the "kaos.bin" into the "OS Update" - folder of your USB stick. Then put it in your kemper and agree to the update.

If your current OS version is before 7.3.2 you maybe have to install this first and if you current version is even before 1.8.2 you have to install that first, but steps are the same (you can see what OS you are running on the display of your kemper when booting)

Older versions: https://www.kemper-amps.com/downloads/8/Ol…ftware-Versions

For the Rig Manager: Download the right software for Windows or MAC here: https://www.kemper-amps.com/downloads/12/Rig-Manager

Unzip and install like any other software.

After that, connect your kemper with your PC/MAC via the USB port on the backside of the KPA, open Rig Manager, start your kemper and have fun!
    ;)

You dont have the opportunity to import via Rig Manager?

Does the USB import work with other rigs?

I dont know if an outdated OS could cause this kind of trouble, but maybe its worth a try, if your KPA software is not up to date and the madsen pack is pretty new..

Good Luck!