Posts by Mike K

If you say it is really important to turn off pure cab for "proper" metal tone, that is damn close to express a general rule ;)
    But what is really your problem?

I read my post again and could not find anything offending? I just added my opinion to this. If you don't want someone to reply with another point of view, maybe you shouldn't post in a forum? And noone forces you to explain yourself (also noone keeps you off).

But please don't make dubious statements why Kemper developed and introduced pure cab feature.

For my view of proper metal tone! Is it ok for your liking now? :) That's what i meant about explaining myself all the time, i didn't say that i was offended by you, it's just tiring to have to clarify things more and more, when it's obvious (to everyone except you i suppose) that what i say is only my opinion ;) I respect everyone's point of view and opinion, you can say whatever you want, but accept that you can be wrong sometimes. If you had just made the simplest thing and read the manual you would know the truth and you wouldn't insult me about making dubious statements.

"Pure Cabinet

Mic'ed cabinets often have an unpleasant, “phasey” sound in the high-end frequencies, that is not found when you listen to a cabinet directly, without a microphone. "Pure Cabinet" will gently polish the sound of the virtual (mic'ed) cabinet to bring it closer the sound of the direct cabinet. The fundamental character of the sound will still be maintained."

Bold sentence is exactly what i said, nothing more nothing less. So about which dubious statements you accuse me for? And besided this, are you some kind of lawyer for Kemper team or something?

So what you said, "If you don't want too much of the mic characteristics in your tone and want less "phasey" result, LOWER settings of pure cab will do the trick with high gain profiles too." is completely wrong. According to the manual, f you don't want this phasey result you should increase settings of pure cab to increase it's effect and minimize this phasey high end frequency and mic characteristics. The manual says it, not me ;)

To your point 1: Turning off pure cab for "proper metal tone"? Thats only a matter of taste I would say and not a fixed rule. Maybe your experience. I'll say the opposite :P
    If you don't want too much of the mic characteristics in your tone and want less "phasey" result, LOWER settings of pure cab will do the trick with high gain profiles too. I almost always prefer my riffs with pure cab on (no matter if it is high gain rock, modern metal, doom, black metal).

Everytime I thought Kemper sounded weird, the cause was an activated mono button on my palmer monicon or I screwed something obvious in the DAW :rolleyes:

Did i say that was a general rule? Did i speak representing everyone? Of course it is my experience and i don't know why should i explain myself everytime i post my opinion.

Actually, pure cabinet was created to remove the mic characteristics and have a more guitar cabinet tone through a speaker, because most of the users who moved from guitar cab to frfr had difficult time to adjust to new sound because it is really different, that's why kemper team created this feature, to make the transition smoother. That's why i don't like it, it is something extra that it is not needed to have great tone. Besides it ruins my sound making it undefined, plastic and muddy. Also i think is really wrong that it is enabled by default, if someone wants it could enable it easily. I have already read a lot of people complaining about kemper's sound and when i told them to turn off pure cabinet they are finally satisfied by kemper's sound.

People we have to be patient, the request has been made by the majority of Kemper users, company knows it and i don't think it has (ok, it has...you know how i mean it) another choice than to create an editor. I would like an announcement for this matter too but if they did it then we all would be like "when it will be released?" etc. So more frustration after the existing one. Announcements doesn't do good to companies because people cannot be patient about feature requests.

My opinion is not to buy the JBLs only to use them with Kemper and not music production. You will not have the sonic thump/punch like a guitar cab or frfr speaker. I have the powerhead too and i had an 1x12 guitar cab and the last year i switched to an frfr, Alto TS112 and couldn't be happier. You will need some time of adjustement to get used to frfr's sound as it is different from guitar cab's but when you get there you won't go back.

So you could try to find a used Alto TS 112 or buy the new version of it, this one --> https://www.thomann.de/gb/alto_ts_210.htm with the 10" speaker.

Thanks a lot guys, nice to meet you. I hope we will have great discussions about this great piece of gear.

I have seen Evergrey live 2 times, 1st with one Uber and one 5150 and the 2nd with 2 5150s.