Posts by dfdfan

I contacted support about this a while back, they told me it was this way “by design”. I don’t understand why it’s a good design to force people’s modulation rates to change if they want to tap tempo change the delay time.

Yeah man. That's a strange design for sure.

Ok yeah. There really should be an unlink button on all the mods like they have on the delays. Weird. I don't use tap much at all but now that I see this missing it bugs me as a human.

The best way to do this would be to retain both fast/slow buttons, but allow each speed to be adjusted. I had a pedal that allowed this. Therefore you could preset the slow time and the fast time, which would llow for a proper ramp to be achieved. Still no morph probably though unless used as a switch instead of CC.

Forgive me for this basic question but I'm not really seeing this in the manual and almost never use modulations. Is there a way to keep tap tempo working for delays, but not have it change the tempo assigned to modulations? I'm trying to have delays be tapped out while keeping a long slow phaser for instance. There doesnt seem to be a way to unlink the phaser without unlinking the delay. What an I missing?

I'm thinking about how I should ideally assign footswitches 1, 2 on the player.
    I would like to be able to switch/cycle between three banks

1.1. Clean1.2. SoloXXX
    2.1. Crunch2.2. SoloXXX
    3.1. More Gain3.3. SoloXXX

and switch/cycle in s song between slot 1 and 2 (or more if used)

Stomp 3 I would like to use TAB/Tuner and Expression Pedal is connected and used for morphing to add or reduce reverb/delay or other fx.

So is there a way to cycle with one stomp 1 thru Bank 1,2,3,1… and with stomp 2 between used slots?
    Any idea how I could do this?

Set max banks to 3 and assign Combo 1-2 to bank down and combo 2-3 to bank up (or vice-versa) - assign button 1 to rig one and button 2 to rig 2. Assign button 3 to tap/tuner. For morph you can assign the pedal OR you can assign morph to 'rig button' and use the pedal for something else. You could also assign them exactly the way you describe and set it to not wrap I think but that sounds to me like it might get confusing to drive.

I have been writing VST stuff for fun and made a few amp type things. And I guarantee no one would ever pay for one. And I also guarantee that if it had a picture of a hot burning tube head on it, I would sell a million and people would say it sounds awesome.

Look and feel and is a huge thing in guitar. So much of what we play comes from some weird place of inspiration. So I would agree 100% having an stack all lit up is always going to be better 8)

I have to admit, after a few years with the toaster, I was finally ready to start offloading a room full of pretty expensive heads, cabs and stompboxes. Now its just me, kemper and a room full of guitars but I would actually consider buying friedman's new plex rig. I trust him more than Marshall in this day and age and it is just a thing of absolute beauty. My heart says 'YES!' but my old man back is threating to kick the shit out of me. lol

Its has been suggested already and since alot of people have issues with remote not compatible with player how about a new mini remote, same size as player but with 2 rows of 2-3 switches, additional inputs for pedal controllers and If possible, a screen. Usb connected/powered of course. Although even if it required the typical pedal power supply it would still be cool. Possible? Cost effective? Maybe coupd also serve as an expansion for the stage?

Looks like it.

I can understand that new owner have to register the product to gain access to the private forum. This prevents trolls that don't even own a Kemper product to spam into the forum. I get that. That's fine.

What I don't get is why accounts get restricted, like mine, of member that just currently don't have a registered Kemper but had, for many years. I even own a Kemper but I don't find it particularly welcoming to having to register a Kemper AGAIN to gain access to the forum again. Last time, as you can read above, it seems to have been my fault. Ok. But I havent touched or changed anything since. So either it's a bug and its not intended to work this way, maybe as a product of the change you mentioned, or it IS actually working how it is supposed to do, then I, as I said find it sadly offputting.

Or its my fault again and I'll gladly accept being an idiot, then please someone help me gaining access WITHOUT the need of product registration.

This most likely has more to do with a recent hacking event that cause the entire forum to go offline for a week and had to be completely rebuilt and less about you having any registered products.

I don't think it's appropriate to interfere in a company's business policy. You either buy the product or you don't. Tying the license to the device is absolutely OK in my opinion. Other companies do the same, with the difference that you can't upgrade after you buy it. Same hardware but different form factors and software versions. Kemper could also have released a Player Lite, Player Professional and Player Ultra. Perhaps with silver and gold rally stripes to show a visual difference.

Yeah after weighing odds I agree that the license to machine is the best option here. It makes the most sense as its no different than buying a product that comes in 3 static options like you stated.

A lof of us already have remote - would be great to have ability to reuse it in some settings.

Thats where I'm curious. The whole reason I got the player was to reduce my load and leave the toaster and remote at home. If the screen and buttons were things that I could not do without, I would have gotten the stage instead. Still lighten the load but not as much while keeping all the flash. But I understand wanting to save the $600 over a stage when the remote already has that. I think what I would have done in that position would be instead of getting a player, I would have sold the remote and gotten the stage, using that live and at home to control the toaster via midi when needed. IDK. It just seems like taking something designed for ease and making it more complicated.