Posts by musaicsong

Without correct or professional help from Kemper staff, I successfully re-formatted my USB Stick in the following steps:

1. Backup what’s on the USB stick related to the Profiler.

2 Trash all the files & folders currently on the USB stick.

3. Connect Kemper to computer.

4. Plug the empty USB stick into Kemper and turn Kemper on to “Perform” mode.

5. Open Rig Manager Application on your computer. Wait till all is connected.

6. Push the button right above the words: “External Storage” on the Kemper hardware.

7. Then push the button right above the words: “Format Device.” Wait for it to state that it has formatted the stick or something to that effect. Then you should be able to properly update the Kemper from the PC version to the Mac version.

8. Before switching to the Mac version, select and export all your favorite rigs to the desktop.

9. After installing the Mac version, move your favorite rigs to: Go > (hold down the Option key) Library/Application Support/Kemper Amps/RigManager. I created an organized file structure in mine.

The reason I found myself having to re-format the stick was because I followed the direction on "How to update Kemper Profiler firmware PDF:"

("Please perform the following simple steps to update your Kemper Profiler to a more recent firmware:

You will need to use an empty USB-stick in order to transfer the files from your Mac or PC to the
    Kemper Profiler. When you connect a USB-stick for the first time, the Kemper Profiler will format it to
    ensure maximum reliability.")

The Kemper did not format the USB stick.

According to Kemper Staff, this is not the directions to follow, and left me with no explanation on how to re-format the empty stick as I requested. Fortunately my tinkering paid off for this solution.

Why is there no documentation on how to turn on send and return to outboard gear? Seemingly connecting my BBE 882i the correct way in the back of the Kemper produces no desired result, in or out. Is there some way to turn on a loop FX in the Kemper for the signal to cycle thru the outboard gear?
    The BBE works perfectly routing it thru the front of the Kemper, but I don't want all those patch cable in the front when it should obviously work in the back. 8|

That might work but I've never tried renaming profiles before importing them. I was talking about renaming from the front panel of the KPA itself after they are imported. Press "Store" and you'll be presented with a few options, including rename.

I know. Less hassle with the turning knobs thing for letters. However, I'll make a backup copy of the files before I do rename the one to be imported.

You know you can rename the profile if you want, right? Add a "C" for commercial or whatever preface you like to separate them.

Also, I have Rig Manager working great on my Mac with Parallels and Windows 7. It's works wonders for organizing profiles.

I like that. Thanks a lot. I think I'll be renaming the files before I import them from now on.

TAF = The Amp Factory

Use Current Author and it only shows the TAF created profiles. (Author name And44)

But if you love organization and ease of navigation, start using the Rig Manager. :thumbup: Download from main page - support - downloads.

I'm on a Mac. So. I'll have to wait for however long for the Mac version of Rig Manager to download. Hmmm, I wonder if Parallels 8 will do the task running Windows 8 on Mac?

I see that the original product name has been abbreviated to "AFUM" and thrown in with the rest. Just what I don't need. Now I have to keep a typed list on my computer to remind me of which is commercial, non-commercial, and Rig Exchange.

I've individually imported 3 Amp Factory packs to my Kemper. How do you navigate to the these user profiles. Pushing the "Last Imported" option only takes me to the last individual import. I can't locate the other two. Are the user profiles stored separately from the factory presets on a different navigated path? I hope so. I love organization. I don't need purchased lists scattered alphabetically mixed in with the rest.

I've individually imported 3 Amp Factory packs to my Kemper. How do you navigate to the these user profiles. Pushing the "Last Imported" option only takes me to the last individual import. I can't locate the other two. Are the user profiles stored separately from the factory presets on a different navigated path? I hope so. I love organization. I don't need purchased lists scattered and mixed in with the rest.

There's always a problem with computer based equipment that makes you want to smash it and send it back to the manufacture.
    I followed the manual instruction & the instruction provided by forum users. My Kemper will not locate kaos.bin version 2.3.3. The current version factory installed is 2.2.1
    I first erased the 4G stick, formatted OSx Journaled.
    I turned on the Kemper and set it to "Profiler".
    I plugged in the USB stick to allow Kemper to format it to Phat32.
    Then plugged stick back into my Mac to drag and drop "kaos.bin" version 2.3.3. into OS Update folder.
    I turned the Kemper off and plugged in the stick.
    I pressed and held both "< PAGE >" buttons while turning Kemper on to "Tuner." (This is not mentioned in the manual. I only tried this after the manual failed to produced the desired result)
    The message I still got is: "ERROR: unable to locate firmware file on USB device"

The creator should of followed his working updating system as with his Virus-TI: straight from the computer to the device via USB cable.
    PS: Why can't they update the thing to the latest existing version, 2.3.3 at the factory before mailing out.