Posts by Richard777

Hey Guys-

S+L+O Clean Liquid profiles - gain staging not working correctly.

Previous patch- all controls were at noon- including gain- all correctly "burnt in" - gain function at 5.5 - was clean (how it should be on a slo-100 physical)- generic gain moves non-linear. - all good and true.

since update S+L+O Clean Liquid amp tone stack- as soon as you move the gain - <5.5> is more distorted than it should be. and "generic gain" follows the gain linear.
    - if you re-load profile this returns in stored/correct state.

I have tried - reburning profile , restart/reboot an etc.

Can anyone else confirm this issue/have a fix for this?

Might be an issue relating to the new "clean comp" function - buggy with S+L+O-Clean tone stack.

FYI First issue with a Kemper profile in 12 years!
    Kudos Kemper team! <3

S/PDIF Tracking and Reamping Method with Cubase Pro 9.5

Ok Guys, Came up with my own method to track guitars, have both dry and "master Mono" on the same track (stereo)-no need to arm multiple tracks/mute tracks etc, Easy to Use this within a mixing/editing/writing environment, re-amp with a few mouse clicks with Next to ZERO latency, using a few nifty tricks... If There's a better way or an improvement please share!

My Setup is to have the KPA Digital Ins as The GIT/Master Mono For Tracking :thumbup:So Have This Set on your Kemper First.

Creating A Nice Consolidated Editable Track That Can be Re-Amped

Instead of creating two mono tracks and having to arm both to record. -there IS a way to record to a stereo track, whilst having the option to mute the dry recording AND Have the reference track play so we can demo/mix this sound within the session- and in that very same track.- and pan!

Use Steinberg MIX6to2 VST in insert 1 . Push Both L Sliders All The Way Down. Push Both R Sliders to 0.0 THEN

Use Steinberg MIX6to2 VST in insert 2 . Push Both R Sliders All The Way Down. Push Both L Sliders to 0.0

Toggle Insert 1 OFF. Keeps this here...

This will enable you to balance the recordings left and right tracks BEFORE signal reaches the DAW's L/R panner.

So now we have gained control again of the DAW's Panner, Consolidated the Wet and Dry recording as it's a stereo track.

Please share if there is another vst that does the same thing for other DAW's that is free and available!!!

Re-Amping using this same track:

Step 1: We need to create a cue send. Go to your audio connections > Control Room Tab >Click Add Channel>Add Cue> Mono.
    Select The Correct SPDIF OUT from your audio interface back to KPA. This is going to be the dry DI signal sent back to KPA- Name This KPA ReAmp (Or Whatever you Want)

Step 2: Set your KPA To Have the input source as S/PDIF. Set It's Output S/PDIF to Be whatever you want (git studio does not work)

Step 3: For Whichever stereo track you recorded and wish to reamp. As Below:

-The channel must have to have no inserts enabled apart from MIX6to2 (Dry Guitar) (insert 1 We Had Toggled Off before ;))
    -A Cue Send Needs to Be Assigned to the channel KPA ReAmp,

Right Click on the Cue Send and make sure this is Sent as prefade - we want our levels to not be affected by our DAW Fader. Right Click on cue send Slot One> Activate Cue Send.

Step 4: Create a new Channel to record the Re Amped Guitar.

Step 5: Make Sure Within the Right Side bar "CR" Menu there is no metronome being played through this and fader is 0DB as well as the Cue On Button is blue.

Step 6: Arm and record.

Tip- To mute the dry guitar coming from your monitors during reamping to your kemper- just go to "Direct Routing" within your recorded channel and click on the output your monitors are named. this toggles the output on and off.

(Cue Sends shown toggled off in below picture Here)

So Whenever you record- a good idea is to have the above channel type saved as a preset that way you can just start a new track with plugins already inserted.

Same goes for your inputs outputs and control room options with cue sends created- you can create presets within Cubase.

So when it comes time to reamp….The Process is:

Enable Cue Send for track to be ream
    ped
    Disable All Inserts Apart from Insert 1
    Create a New Channel to Record On.
    Change Your Kemper Input Source to SPDIF
    Change Your Kemper Output To "x"

RECORD!

Tips for Re-Amping and S/PDIF :

1: Get this toast ME - If You Haven't heard of this yet- you're officially not a Kemper owner^^

https://www.facebook.com/toastMidiEditor/

This will enable you to control 95% (If Not more) of your Kemper through MIDI and your PC.

2: Record with Clean Sense and Distortion Sense set to 0...

Keep the dry signal untouched level wise! If you see clipping it will either be due to your interface levels Or Your Rig being way too loud!
    EMG's will look like they clip on the dry channel but that's clipping internally within its own onboard preamp inside of the guitar.

Obviously during reamping - do what you want here!

Also a good idea to have the S/PDIF volume set at -6db within your kemper output for a bit of headroom

3: Latency.

Have constant latency switched *ON* within the kemper

To Adjust for Kemper Latency...Find a Click Sample.

"Reamp" This back to kemper….adjust for record latency option ticked.

This is a bit of trial and error with value shown....According to Cubase- it takes 454 worth of samples at 44.1 for the kemper to process audio.
    -Cubase is internally smart enough to adjust for it's own latency (from what I can tell)

Nearly PERFECT In Phase Wave Form Here with very little difference :

Boy I Hope this all Makes Sense...

Hey Kemper Freaks!

Richo here from Australia, I play in Greystone Canyon and KILL: DEATH : RATIO - two very different bands, thought i'd share my bands latest video "In These Shoes" from our album "While the Wheel still Turn"

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Let us know What ya think!

P.S Thank-you Mr Kemper and team.

Greystone Canyon - Official Facebook
    While the Wheels Still Turn (Store)

Kill : Death : Ratio - Official Facebook

Update.

As you all know I've been through two focusrite 6i6s in a week. Totally cracked it. Ended up forking out for a MOTU 4PRE. So far so good.

The software is a LITTLE buggy and there are work around with windows 10.

SPDIF locking is set to internal through both the motu smpte software and mix control. Obviously @44.1K - which is strange.

I have windows rt driver off.

The software doesn't want to open whilst interface is plugged in via USB. So restart and while the interface is booting up- spam the program to open up and it eventually will- then you can select what you want it do. (Also allowing to adjust the buffer size).

I really do wish the 6i6 worked for me for both the price and navigation of software and hardware because the layout is really good.

Kemper is fine so far but I'll be running live tests throughout the week for another project I'm working on.

I will keep you all posted

*UPDATE*

Now. After getting a second replacement. 6i6 CH1 input is now fried. (This doesn't impact KEMPER spdif FYI)

So I've given up with this audio interface. As this is the 2nd DOA I've received from supplier.

After this is returned i will test with a brand new motu spdif interface (express version) and see if KEMPER will sync before I send off for repair.

I will intend on keeping you updated incase this really is a KEMPER/Interface issue.

My bet it is still the KEMPER because the interface can sync itself fine and record audio from spdif Out to spdif in with audio passing.

Within recorded audio from this connection there are ZERO HICCUPS!

Again stay tuned!- ps I'm really over people telling me to check my sample rate/clock sync/ spdif cables etc :P!

I wonder if the DAW software or even computer OS is overriding the interface's onboard-sync setting.

Could it be that it's being instructed to be master when the 'punter's on / DAW fired up, causing this problem, but that when powered up as a stand-alone device it'll revert to the flash-memory's setting that Richard programmed?

The DAW is not running.
    Windows settings are unchecked to allow full control of hardware to take over.
    Windows sounds are set at 44.1K 24 bit (even tried 16bit)

I have tried resetting audio interface (6i6) to factory and still no resolution problem still exists

Ok, to begin with.... Kemper is AMAZING.

After recording so long with through XLR Outs, I've bought an interface (Scarlett 6i6). mind you after returning one previously (the SPDIF was faulty).

Receiving a new one. this one locks fine on Kemper unlike previous attempt. ( and YES I have set Kemper as master clock. locked at 44.1K etc)

HOWEVER- this time it pops and crackles when I monitor. I have tried three different variants of 75ohm DIGI COAX RCA leads. all with same result.

Here's the catch- Iv'e recorded as a test- GIT Studio via XLR and I'm reamping OUT from interface SPDIF back into kemper and recording analogue once again to see if the SPDIF crackles FROM the interface,

no crackle, pure nice signal.

Now testing the interface, I've just ran a loop going from spdif out to spdif in on the interface and recorded audio (spdif out to in) and to my surprise- crystal clear audio.

Is this a fair chance that my SPDIF OUT is in need of a service within my kemper?

Can anyone share a recent experience with any SPDIF Issues?

after multiple google searches...

P.S again- id like to point out. yes Kemper/Hardware/Software is locked and set to SPDIF as the Master. it's all running 44.1K and I'm using 75OHM Digi Coax cable.
    :cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing: