Posts by simonXsludge

Hey folks.

I've been trying to set up my Kemper for recording a processed signal and DI signal at the same time. I am using the Kemper via SPDIF into a Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 and with Logic Pro 9.

I was hired to record the guitars for a friend's band, so I needed to set the KPA up in a way so I can hear a processed signal for monitoring while recording and for playback in my DAW, while simultaenously recording DI signals for the band to reamp later.

I got everything set up and it works, with the exception that the DI output is too hot. The input clean sense is set as low as it gets (I read in another thread that this can cause too hot of a DI output). The LED never flashes orange or even red, only green and yellow. The output LED even only lights up green at all times. I have the output set to Git / Stack and the processed signal sounds as always, while the DI is always too hot. It clips and sounds distorted. Even if I set the output to Git Studio, the DI signal is still too hot.

Am I missing something? Where else can I set up the output level of the DI when using SPDIF, so it's not too hot?

Same problem here, but simply when I use the SPDIF out through my Focusrite Saffire Pro 40. While I'm playing, it's crackling. It's also in my recorded tracks sometimes.

I used to have the same issue before I have changed my audio interface sync source to 'SPDIF'

I tried this and first I thought it worked, but it didn't. Could it be that the output volume is too high or is there any other solution for this?

Hi there.

I have just recently received my Kemper Rack and I'm really happy with it so far. I didn't have a whole lot of time to really dial in tones but really wanted to use it live as soon as possible. Last weekend I was playing two open air festivals and 2 hours before we met to pack up the van, I just went into our room to put the Kemper into my live rig and tweak it real quick. So I hooked it up to the FX return of a 5150 and 4x12 cab, tweaked for about an hour and it sounded great.

[Blocked Image: http://distilleryimage11.ak.instagram.com/1986268e0bed11e3b82c22000a1fbca3_7.jpg]

I used the same setup live but didn't mic up the cab - I just used it for stage monitoring. I used the main out XLRs to go into the board directly and it sounded great through the stage monitor wedges and according to the FOH guy it also sounded great outside. My old setup was a POD X3 Live into the 5150 and while it sounded great through the amp, it always sounded really shrill and harsh through the DI outs and monitor wedges on stage. I've been using Line6 heads etc. for about 10 years and it took me a while to really make them sound great, but with the Kemper it practically took an hour and it was ready to go and I was sounding better than ever.

Long story short, the Kemper is a great unit. I can't wait to tweak even more, I'm sure the results will be nothing short of amazing. I'm also thinking of going the FRFR wedge route in the future, in addition to the amp/cab in the back. I have heard nothing but great things about those.

Thanks for all the help so far, it's greatly appreciated.

An issue I've been running into is that a lof of hi gain profiles seem to be extremely prone to produce unwanted overtones, especially on the lower strings. By chance I found out that lowering the definition setting to about 5 really helps and a friend of mine confirmed that. Most hi gain profiles people make seem to have it set to 10 by default. However, if I try to add the Green Scream in front of the amp, the problem is back.

Has anyone encountered similiar problems and what's your workaround in that case?

I would recommend the Tapp Profiles from the forum here. Then just use the Cab from Dirk Goodings 6505 + TS and you´re good to go. Put on a high and low pass filter with the graphic EQ and you have yourself a nice tight hi-gain profile that works awesome on Drop A and below! Then just tweak it to your liking (personally I put in a bit more presence and treble and pulled out some of the bass and the profile was pretty much perfect)

New TAPP Amps kemper profiles + sound clips!

These are my favourites so far. Very aggresive and articulate sounding. Dirk Gooding's 6505 + TS is a great sounding profile as well, but the combination of his cab and the TAPP amps are great. Thanks for the headsup!

Thanks to everyone else for the input. Definitely a lot of useful stuff!

Hi folks.

I just recieved my Kemper rack the other day and have a lot of fun with it so far. Besides some great stock profiles, I found some killer ones in the rig exchange and some friends also hooked me up with great sounding ones. I especially liked several 5153 profiles so far.

However, I am looking for a very tight hi gain profile that works especially well with very low tunings (G# on a 7-string, F on an 8-string). I'm playing Death/Black Metal for the most part, but like mid-heavy sounds that cut well through the mix.

Any help would be appreciated, so thanks in advance!