Posts by jzuker

Yes, Gianfranco, those were the issues. And yes, in RM, the cabinet does have to be assigned to a rig in order to edit the name. But I want to name-change a bunch of the IRs prior to writing them into a rig.
    I want to be able to read the files quickly and correctly as I scroll through.

John (Tritium), I like the original cabs that were profiled, I just want the tonal options that the OwnHammer IRs give me. In some cases, I prefer the OwnHammer IRs (regardless of their authenticity), and in some cases I prefer the original profiled cabs. I initially used them (and still use them) with my real amps through a Two Notes Live and was really knocked out, so why not add them to my Kemper palette?

-John Z

Yes, but re-naming the IRs inside the Profiler is pretty cumbersome. Batch editing the names before conversion seems, at this point, the more efficient approach, especially since I want to have a good amount of those OwnHammer IRs available inside the KPA. I have had some excellent results pairing them up with some of my favorite profiles. I use them extensively with my real amps via the reactive load, and they work great in that scenario as well.

Can't wait for that awesome Kemper editing software for Mac OS that will make all of these work arounds unnecessary ( :
    Thanks for the replies, guys!

Hi all,

I know that OwnHammer provides Kemper versions of their cabs. But, despite what OwnHammer claims in their READ-ME text, the names of the converted files remain too long for the KPA display. You can't actually see what cab you're loading (except that it's an OwnHammer, the details of the cab come after that). Even when I do a batch edit of the file names with the Mac's Automator program, the KPA still displays them as they were originally named.

My work around has been to rename the original .wav files and then convert them in Cab Maker. Then they display as I want them to in the KPA.

Question #1: Using Cab Maker for renaming purposes is not a big deal, but is there a more efficient way?

Question #2 OwnHammer uses the mono, 44.1k, truncated versions (.200ms vs .500ms) as their default Kemper files. Should I infer then, that I can't use/convert the non-truncated versions with a higher bit rate?

Thanks,

John

Hi all,

I know that OwnHammer provides Kemper versions of their cabs. But, despite what OwnHammer claims in their READ-ME text, the names of the converted files remain too long for the KPA display. You can't actually see what cab you're loading (except that it's an OwnHammer, the details of the cab come after that). Even when I do a batch edit of the file names with the Mac's Automator program, the KPA still displays them as they were originally named.

My work around has been to rename the original .wav files and then convert them in Cab Maker. Then they display as I want them to in the KPA.

Question #1: Using Cab Maker for renaming purposes is not a big deal, but is there a more efficient way?

Question #2 OwnHammer uses the mono, 44.1k, truncated versions (.200ms vs .500ms) as their default Kemper files. Should I infer then, that I can't use/convert the non-truncated versions with a higher bit rate?

Thanks,

John

I own both and have occasionally used Torpedo Live cabs with the Kemper from time to time (direct out into the Torpedo Live with cabinet setting turned off on the Kemper). I also have a few amps that I have not profiled, but I can still record them direct through the Torpedo. Its an embarrassment of direct recording riches. The Kemper is far more versatile, obviously. The Torpedo Live is only as good as the amps that you plug into them, but it is convenient and cool how I can just dial in tones on the amps old school. Both are outstanding pieces of gear and can coexist in harmony :)

Interestingly, I went ahead and tried to restore from that latest, problematic back up to see if i could replicate the problem that I had with it.
    This time I did find the Stomps after pushing the type button, but then all my rigs were gone. Definitely empty. All Rigs, Favorites, Author menus et al.
    Just the Initialized Rig was there.

There must be something funny with my latest back up. I'll try a new one from scratch and see if these problems persist.

Thanks again for you answers, guys. I'll get back to you on my results.

Thanks, Timo.

Yes, I know how to access the stomps. I did, and have been doing what you suggest all along (for the week and a half that I've had the unit) and up until now I have had no trouble, but in this instance, when I went to the browse menu to select a stomp after selecting type it was empty.

Left the KPA on for a while as I went to do other, nonmusical related things. When I went back to use the amp a few hours later, all the Stomps had disappeared. Went to scroll through all the Stomp buttons, including the x effect button and the page was empty. Stomps no more! 8|?(

I 'init flashed' and 'reimported the factory rigs', etc. and all was back to normal. But now I have to reimport my personal rigs, and the latest back up. (I had deleted/organized my rigs and backed it all up using the prescribed "GuiTar" method.)

Any idea what I could have done or what might have happened that would cause me to lose all the stomps?

Thanks,

John

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone (no pun intended). Hard to get outside and enjoy the California climes when there's a new Kemper in the house.
    Really enjoying the KPA initiation and looking forward to interacting with all of you here on the forum.