Posts by Sollazzon

Hum.. good questions here!

Following

As far as I know Lqd profiles emulate in a good way the behave of a real amp in terms of EQ And GAIN.

BUT I can't tell You for sure cause I don't have any Amp (and profiled them) in the current list of LQD "masks".

A Great additional function is You can now Retrofit any profile ( if You know for sure the amp's settings during the profiling session)

And you can also find out the original Gain and Definition parameter settings the profiler got originally.

Supposing You've already read everything reported in manuals .. I'm following this thread.

Uploaded on Rig Exchange and in the same DropBox Folder

Here's the Solutions

B= Cr Studio & 1960 AV SL
    D= Cl Studio & 1960 AV SL

E= Cr DA Cap16
    A= Cl DA Cap16

C= Cr DA Cap16 & WOS 001cm
    F= Cl DA Cap16 & WOS 001cm

G= Cr DA Cap16 W1960AVSL
    H= Cl DA Cap16 W1960AVSL

WHERE:

Cr Stands for Crunch

Cl Stands For Clean

Studio Means: Studio Profile (amp, 4x12, SM57, Kemper)

DA Cap 16 Means: DIRECT AMP Profiled with Two Totes Torpedo Captor 16 ( Audio Interface, Kemper)

DA Cap16 & WOS 001cm Means: a Virtual Studio Profile (amp, Torpedo Captor 16, Audio Interface, Wall of Sound as Cabinet Plug-in, Kemper)

DA Cap16 W1960AVSL Means: the same as above But with the real 4x12 Connected to the Thru Out put fo Torpedo Captor 16

You'll find tags in every comment filed, Probably it's more Clear if You look at them in Rig Manager.

The amp has always been profiled with these settings also noted in rig's comment:

Hey Wow, Thanks a Lot to You!

Yes yes Sure! The drity channel is very very Close to a distorsion pedal. Due to these LEDs

they start clipping with gain above 7 or so.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Nice Demo! Thanks Again!

About cleans.. I guess I had a lil issue while profiling ( I will explain later)

Thanks Guys!

this one may give You a better idea of the kind of sound that plays in my mind. just a row mix but.. for sure Closer than the previous video

Ciao

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

:) in my mind it talks about memories of 'ex 'rugs and RnR past experiences, and all the s.it that comes with them, but it turns to a positive mood 'cause, in the end, as we use to say "if it didn't kill you, it made You stronger"

It's something I wrote with the doubleneck 12 strings times ago but never recorded.

The profile is for sure one of the cleans I've recently shared (see the other thread) but I don't remember exactly which one :D

It was saturday night.. I was a bit tired, need to have some rest.

Ops I've just realized the title is wrong, just edited. I told, I was tired !!^^

Well Good Night!

External Content youtu.be

sorry sorry.. one more thing

I also give You a Quck Idea of How this ''lil mosnter'' sonds in a room on my phone

External Content www.youtube.com

Hey Renaud! ..well, do not expect the Greatest profile Ever of the this '' lil moster''

it's just a Test made to Be tested.

I setted the amp in a ''Normal'' way, just like I'd probably play it in a live gig.

They're Not the profiles I'd probably use. The goal is to find out differences (of the same amp' settings) of different signal chain.

here, I'm more intrested in this than ''how Close to the real amp sound'' they are. This Must be Clear before any judgment!

I've bought a new Amp recently and it came into my mind to test different ways of profiling.
    The test is basically Just For Me, to finally define what method works better for me to realize my profiles.

If You want to Test them by yourself, You'll find 8 profiles on Rig Exchange and also here (plus 2 performances).

I've profiled it in 4 different ways and I'm curious to check HOW different they came out.
    I've refined every profile in the same way, with a giutar DI track via SPIDF.

1) Studio Profiles (amp, 4x12, SM57, Kemper)
    2) Virtual-Studio Profiles (amp, Torpedo 16, Audio Interface, Wall of Sound as Cabinet Plug-in, Kemper)
    3) DA Profiles (the same as above But Without Wall of Sound as Cabinet Plug-in)
    4) DA Profiles (the same as above But with the real 4x12 Connected to the Thru Out put fo Torpedo 16)

So 4 differnt profiles for a clean sound and 4 for dirty (the amp itself is a 2 channel)

I've put info and fullfilled every Rig's comment fields to keep record of how that Rig has been created, then I've created a Copy of each profile and deleted Everything, renaming them from A to H, Randomly.
    This is What You'll get. 4 Profiles With a CAB (studio) and 4 Without CAB (DA).
    I'll add one of my fav CAB to the DA Profiles (without merging) and test them all.

Now I'm going to check what ''Couple'' of Dirty and Clean profiles sounds better for me.

Yes I'll also Upload the ''Solutions'' in a couple of weeks or so.
    In the meantime, if You want You can give them a try and let me know Your thoughts.

Ciao!

..oh, Yes! a 10 minutes video here in English-ish

I have the dukeamps... Not food for playing live...

Ahhh.. now I remind we already had a private chat.. in february.

Ok so, I revers the question: what profiles are Good for You to play live?

Starts from there and adjust to your taste considering your mandmates sound.

I bet You're not playing with Izzy, Duff and Steven and their gear right?

I guess the problem is not in profiles, it's more in your live setup and the way You're monitoring.

Is there any profile You're confident with? Tweak it !

Hummm. Many AFD outhere. And of course many more plexi.

About plexi You can also find a lot for free on rig exchange. I Love msujis ones but.. there are a lot. Check them.

About AFD You can find good stuff by

- Lenz (34 and 36)

- TopJimi (also caswell 39, a complete Slash pack..2555)

- Dukeamps

Someone (not me personally) also like A LOT Choptones profiles.

There are a lot and even if None of them are "official" By marshall or slash, You may find something good for you.