Posts by qingtingzhr

Take a Stage, subtract the price of a remote as an approx equivalent of the value of the screen, switches, and extra ports, and another £100 for the value of profiling, and you end up at a Player +£100 roughly. And that feels like a fair price point for a fully loaded Player less those features.

I don’t have a Player. I no longer have a Toaster or Stage, though I owned both at some point. I am considering a Kemper again in addition to my FM3. This pricing is steering me to a used Toaster rather than a new Player.

Me too. I made a decision last night not to buy kpp in the future. So now I think the upgrade price is very suitable. Because I am a kps user now. I will not recommend kemper to any friends in the future.

I thought about it again. You are right.

Well I think it is. You pay 1.000€ for the features the big ones provide for free and for having to buy a Midi Foot Switch on top. I would rather go for the stage as used piece of gear.

And for all owners of a Rack, Stage and Head: there will be no discount. I already asked in the chat. A pity as I would like to have a full backup.

You also have to buy an iPad or mobile phone to use as a screen.:P

Since I have this wonderful tool, there have been so many updates,

I´ve purchaised my Kemper, to a time where even the performance mode wasn´t available then. It was delivered by an update. So many updates followed since then, sometimes with functions noone ever dreamed about before (e.g. the Morph function) and CK and his team never stopped to advance their product. They found new toys to improve it (Remote, Kabinet/Kone) or added new form factors (Rack, Stage) and even gave in to the desire of many of us and added the player and never stopped to support the Kemper product no#1.

Some time ago (and I mean a long time ago) I thought it was the best purchase i ever had and it can do all i need from an guitar amp/processor and more.

Now it can do so much more and it had become better than I have dreamed (liquid profiling) so for me it is time to say thank you Mr. Kemper!

I will enjoy every new update that will come and I am curious what brilliant ideas will follow, but for me it isn´t self-evident.

This is also the reason why I will choose to join the Kemper camp this year.I am a new user attracted by Kemper's free firmware updates:D

The thing is, even if updates stopped today forever, the device as it is now is still one of the best values in the market based solely on sound. It would remain relevant for a long time to come. People still buy Access synths new without hesitation and those haven't received an update in...? When I first purchased the toaster, much of today's functionality was not added yet and it was worth every penny in its core function. All the updates and add-ons since then are just extra gravy. I don't think new sales would drop because of a lack of foreseeable expansion, especially when the price isn't that high to begin with.

You can let Kemper try your idea in 2024, where there are strong competitors everywhere.

Certainly not "cheap", but also not nearly as expensive as an Axe III Fx.

I think they are a value within the performance market segment that they play in. Better than a helix, but at a similar price range. Close to an Axe III Fx in most regards (better in some, worse in others), yet much less expensive.

Not only have I been using my Kemper since 2013, because I have had it for so long, several people I know from other bands have purchased it as well (all former tube amp users). From the anecdotal evidence I have experienced, Kemper's business model is working just fine.

Yes, you are right. So I hope kemper will not discard such a business model, which is successful. It can benefit both the company and users.

I don't think you understand what I mean. The firmware update of a product requires investment, and the company's revenue comes from selling new products.Because transactions in the second-hand market do not bring any profits to the company,So the company must find ways to consistently sell more products in the future to ensure its revenue, and free firmware updates are the biggest reason to attract new users to purchase products.

It is precisely because new users purchase new products that the company has the funds to do firmware updates for the products, which is a virtuous cycle where both the company and users benefit.The attractiveness of continuous product updates is the way to ensure that new users join.

Kemper is a company that must ensure sufficient revenue before proceeding with other work. And these benefits can be reflected in the selling price of the product from the beginning——Kemper's products are actually not cheap.

Instead of paying for updates, let's think about how to sell more new products to increase the company's revenue.

(Sorry, I don't know English. All of the above relies on translation software.)

I don't think you understand what I mean. The firmware update of a product requires investment, and the company's revenue comes from selling new products.Because transactions in the second-hand market do not bring any profits to the company,So the company must find ways to consistently sell more products in the future to ensure its revenue, and free firmware updates are the biggest reason to attract new users to purchase products.

It is precisely because new users purchase new products that the company has the funds to do firmware updates for the products, which is a virtuous cycle where both the company and users benefit.The attractiveness of continuous product updates is the way to ensure that new users join.

This to me is one of the best selling points of Kemper. Not having to continually purchase new hardware to get new features. And the biggest plus of all is the knowledge that my tweaked profile sounds will remain constant regardless of system updates.

Yes, you are right. If kemper announces to stop updating the firmware, I can guarantee that kemper's product sales will immediately fall to the bottom. People will choose to buy them in the second-hand market.